Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

Ha, all very true.

BBC, Sky and the Guardian have all now called it for July 4th.

I think I’ll take July 5th off work, whichever way it goes I’m likely to be the worse for wear.

Lectern confirmed!

If it is 4 July, seems like a weird bit of symbolism. You wouldn’t think they’d want to evoke throwing off the shackles of the British government. Not to mention there will likely be a fair few fireworks if the early results go well.

Also enjoying the symbolism of Rishi getting rained on while making his big announcement.

Someone needs to do a quick edit of a certain document, replacing words like ‘King’ with ‘Prime Minister’, etc.

Hahaha, getting heckled with “Things can only get better” now. This is fucking glorious.

July 4th confirmed!

July 4 and getting rid of the English government, name a more iconic duo!

Jokes aside, hope things are looking up after the election.

Hah, true! Some friends and I are all booking it off for an all nighter. Never done it before but I want to enjoy every moment of these monsters getting booted out. That or we’ll be crying and despairing.

July 4th is typically associated with tossing out Tories.

I find it hard to express how much I wish that the troll candidates in the US were as willing to be so up front and awesome about it. Count Binface is bloody hilarious, at least when looked at from this side of the pond.

Now I’m curious. How does that sort of thing play in the UK? Is it taken in good humour?

We’ve got Vermin Supreme.

Oh man! I’d totally forgotten about that guy!

I’d say so, they add a bit of colour. And it’s something of a tradition by now:

British.

@kalstone I would vote for Binface.

I suspect Labour will win but it won’t be a landslide.

I’d vote for them too.

I think parties like this are the closest there is to a protest vote, and I would pay close attention to them if I were in power, as they reperesent alot of what people really think imho.

Farage isn’t standing: “Important though the general election is, the contest in the United States of America on November 5 has huge global significance. A strong America as a close ally is vital for our peace and security. I intend to help with the grassroots campaign in the USA in any way that I can.”

So yeah, sincerest apologies to everyone in the US, but it looks like you’re going to have to put up with his smarmy face from July on.

How suprising that he doesn’t want to lose an election to the Commons for eighth time.

The money is better in right-wing-grift America.

And if he won, he’d have to show up and do stuff, wouldn’t he? It’s not like getting elected to the EU Parliament, where not doing shit would work towards your goals.