Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

So is anyone just going to post “Reported!” or not?

I agree that Remainers are largely arrogant inhabitants of an echo chamber, AND ALSO that you are the bad guy. Does that help?

NOT thinking half the population is stupid or racist is a reportable offense on here?!?!? :)

No, but suddenly showing up and spewing out ten posts in quick succession about how we all need to change is the forum equivalent of a manic street preacher. You’re not going to be reported for what you think, just how you act.

Statistically speaking, half the population has below average intelligence. At what point in the spectrum you’d call someone stupid is debatable. Me? I call myself stupid from time to time because I do stupid things. Voting for Trump is a stupid thing (which I thankfully didn’t do), but a good chunk of the US public did. Now in my mind, they either did so because they were stupid (which can be a passing thing) or racist (which is an attack on their character). At this point, calling them stupid is being generous.

🎼 If I were a gman, I would gman gman gman gman every day and every night
All day long I’d gman gman gman, if I only I were a gman 🎼

Ahh, so that’s where venjer went. Hard to keep track of all the troll incarnations these days.

Hello, new user! Unfortunately it seems you chose one of the few threads in P&R not about US politics to start a conversation about Hillary Clinton. You may wish to check out some of the other topics here, they may be more relevant to your interests. In the meantime:

Plenty of links upthread pointing to some of the numbers for people voting for ethno-nationalist/white supremacist reasons. One third/5,000,000 racists seems about right. Covers UKIP voter numbers too (27% of the 2014 electorate)

and the other two thirds certainly hold responsibility for empowering and enabling those overt racists.

Good lord for a guy who “doesnt care” our repeat returning fascist nutcase sure does want to talk with “lefties” a lot.

Why not just fuck off somewhere else and hang out with other racists?

Because he wants to come here and get us all riled up so he can show his racist friends how intolerant the left actually is.

And yet you oblige him, knowing that.

Can’t resist a show.

It just always seems to go this way.

On some level, if folks chilled out, and it didn’t always ramp up to 11 in the FIRST thread these people post in, and they had a chance to read some of the stuff you guys post that isn’t just attacking them directly, you might win them over.

This isn’t to say it’s not the fault of them antagonizing you, it is. But it’s unproductive at best.

It’s always like, kill this guy! Then they get banned, and it’s over, and you are left with the same small group of people talking, forever.

I think you are describing a putative sane conservative though. They are often welcomed and post here regularly.

Its the crazy loons who we all rightly tell to bugger off right? Happy to be argued with here. I could be wrong.

Oh really?
Who was the last one where that happened?

@Timex?

I like talking to you and others who are perfectly rational folks with a conservative bent.

As for the supply well yeah, Sane conservatives seem to be in short supply. I am not sure thats a Qt3 problem though. More a USA problem I suggest.

@gamma3333 is an obvious shit poster/troll ban/ignore or whatever…

However, I really object to labeling all Brexiteers/all Trump supporters as racist. It’s a term that’s thrown around all too lightly in this thread. It essentially labels an entire political ideology as criminal. It destroys any kind of meaningful debate because you can just label anyone you disagree with as racist (read criminal, crazy or stupid) and the the discussion ends.

Politics is a spectrum, right?
You can have conservative views on immigration without being racist or anti immigrant in any way. Conservative views on immigration still value a path to citizenship but just with greater checks and controls.

I’m just saying there is a spectrum here…
So I implore the thread, lets try and cut back on the labels a bit?

Heh, I was most definitely not welcomed here when i first showed up. Tons of folks were absolutely convinced that i was a sockpuppet of some other conservative poster who apparently had been run off previously or banned.

It’s kind of what you guys do every time a new person shows up with conservative views. Just nowadays, you think it’s gman.

At this point, even I have started falling prey to it, and only stop myself when i remember that the exact same thing happened to me.