Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

Those who can and who value access to the EU market.

Britain was well positioned to act as a bridge - good relations with other people, good physical location, good transport, business friendly regimen, English speaking…

To throw it all away…:S

Come Brexit day itself, nothing will change immediately, but the effects will be felt down the road.

Smaller economy, people will adapt etc.

And never under estimate peoples’ capacity for self delusion.

Any thing you could quite directly pin on Brexit WILL be decried as being the result of a “bad” Brexit, i.e. that engineered by the Remoaner traitors and a betrayal of the people.

It’s fascinating to see May using Trump’s strategy of a government shutdown to get what she wants from the opposition - and her own party.

It will be a smaller contracted economy… except for the people who count. /s

Here’s John Oliver’s show’s latest take on the STUPID notion of the UK leaving the EU:

Meanwhile, Brexit appears to be about to formally split the Labour party.

(The Tories have been informally split for some time now.)

Honestly the sensible people in both parties should form an anti-Brexit National Unity Party, but I guess that only happens when a German (actually Austrian) failed painter with a funny mustache becomes a dictator whose regime takes over most of Europe.

Brexit and anti-Semitism. Luciana Berger is subject to intense and continuous racist abuse from her CLP and is one of the principal names involved.

That has already happened according to most Brexiteers, just with a PhD in physical chemistry instead of a failed painting career and sans the mustache.

Correct. I think Brexit is creating the pressure-cooker environment needed for this sort of reaction, though.

It’s what Swindon voted for.

Far more than 3500 jobs too. Their uk supply chain, service providers, local businesses etc

A bit over half of the voters isn’t Swindon by any means.

Politicians are supposed to protect us from our ignorance, not drown us in it.

This will diminish us all. I take no pleasure in it.

Remainers know the pain and suffering we are all about to experience. We have spent the last few years warning everyone about exactly what is now happening.

Leavers need to be taught it, the hard way. I will take great pleasure in their suffering. Their tears will be sweet, sweet nectar for me. Fuck. Them. All.

UK Car industry is reaching a point where parts suppliers will start shutting down due to the ever decreasing amount of car production and no car production of any kind in the UK will be possible. Hundreds of thousands of jobs gone and the (small amount of) progress places like Coventry have made in the last decade will be wiped out.

This article on the end of Aussie car production explains it better than I: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/end-car-production-australia-what-went-wrong

Toto Wolff talked Brexit today. I think a lot of these F1 jobs are in danger too.

Every team outside of Ferrari / Alfa Romeo (formerly Sauber) / Scuderia Torro Rosso is based in England.

I was impressed that those seven took a stand. I dont care about how it looks or “whatabout the tories”. Labour should and must be the most inclusive party that stands against anti Semitism or racism or any kind.

As you have correctly noted for some time (and opened my eyes) Corbyn by accident or design gives the impression he doesnt think its a problem. Well he is wrong.

One of the seven who should be lauded for ‘taking a stand’ has already made a racist gaffe on live TV. Prepare to be disappointed.

Issuing an apology for racism within 5 hours and 30 minutes of launching a new party has to be a record.

As an aside, Gavin Shuker is the Labour MP who threatened to resign if Labour enforced the whip on Gay Marriage, and abstained from a vote on gay civil rights.

The racism is normalised now. Today has just been an endless stream of jokes, glee over Smiths words and mocking institutional racism everywhere. At a very fundamental level, how racism is perceived has been irreparably damaged. This is all due to the normalisation of anti-Semtism and a cult of denialism around institutional and systematic breakdown throughout Labour.

Smiths fuck up was beyond stupid, and she should be thrown to the wolves if she cant even string a sentence together without saying something offensive. A liability.

The Corbynistas have been vomiting this line out too today They failed to mention that Corbyn was fine with this since taking leadership but two seconds after Shuker leaves, it matters and somehow defines the group, rather than Bergers racist abuse and harassment or Gapes heroic solidarity. Shuker can answer for his homophobia to his next electorate but he didnt leave Labour because of its pro-LGBT stance.

Watson at least seems to understand and wants to change, I hope he can persuade Corbyn to do the same. The video is worth a watch.