Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

Watson has no power. The power is held entirely by the racists. Watson has been on the purge list for 3 years now.

You don’t have to be a ‘corbynista’ to a) find someone who is anti LGBT rights to be distasteful & b) find it ironic that someone joining an anti-racism grouping has a track record of being against equal rights.

I was responding to Rod being impressed about these seven taking a stand. There isn’t much to be impressed about when one has a track record of disliking equal rights and another has made a racist comment within hours, and then doesn’t even a genuine apology.

(Just to add, there clearly is an issue with anti-semitism becoming acceptable within Labour, and Corbyn has been disingenuous as party leader plenty of times particularly around Brexit)

They can appear to be (and are) amateurish or make idiotic gaffes. But they are gambling or likely throwing away their political careers over two issues which they rightly regard as central to what the Labour party should be about.

My hope is that Labour and Corbyn in particular will change over this rather than try and dismiss them as cranks.

Or they’re political opportunists hoping to precipitate an internal Labour schism and be welcomed back into the fold of New-New Labour, hailed as heroes and revolutionaries.

I think even Toro Rosso has facilities in the UK now, too. It’s basically only Ferrari (Italy of course) and Alfa Romeo (in Switzerland) that are completely outside the UK.

Even if they are, dont you think Corbyn’s inaction over anti Semitism and his continued “accidentally on purpose” pro Brexit stance is appropriate for the leader of the party?

I dont want or need to call the man names, I want him to get better at his job. I hope this will be the thing that prods him to do so.

Oh Christ no.

I regularly try to figure out if I find Corbyn or May more detestable and I have still yet to come to a definitive answer.

I am with you there :) I am baffled at their idiocy.

Hahahahaha.

If only.

Meanwhile the Labour dissident movement is apparently hanging fire as many prospective schismatics are waiting to find out what kind of corporate sponsorships and media support the first group are going to get before committing. Evidently they care more about what this means for their reelection chances than for any principled stand against Corbyn, or for the needs of the commonwealth. Needless to say this is what caused Brexit in the first place, just on the Conservative side.

Also, from https://wefail.art/products/four-horsemen-ltd-ed-a3:

Holy crap I love those.

Wow those are good.

So much for ‘it’ll be fine, we’ll just drop all tariffs’.

Wow, so food prices will skyrocket even more. That will be fun.

aaaaaand purge list confirmed

I do not understand what is going on over there in the UK. Of course, I don’t understand what’s going on over on my side of the pond either, so I’m not terribly surprised.

Can we all just band together and form a sane nation somewhere? Canada has some available space, don’t they?

Yeah, and in about 10 years Canada’s climate should be a lot like Northern California’s. Canada - snow = pretty good.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

He:

Ruthlessly exploited the expenses system

Said labour members who held an anti-war vigil outside an MP’s constituency office should be expelled from the party

Abstained on the bill calling for a UN investigation into Saudi Arabia in Yemen and to stop UK support of SA

Not to mention Falkirk CLP.

That’s no excuse for him not being invited to meetings that he should have been invited to, but there’s no point trying to make him out to be some sort of ordinary decent labour MP either. I’ve never seen the party in such bad shape or with such poor candidates. Labour are neither a viable opposition, nor do they have a viable opposition within them. They’ve just gone completely to pieces.