Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

Sure, but in terms of the precedent he’s citing, if MV3 was out of order, so was MV2. Nothing changed, legally between MV1 and MV2. As the Attorney General confirmed.

That’s true. I can’t disagree.

I think that might be the last gasp of Brexit. I can’t see us leaving now unless there is a 2nd ref and Leave wins again.

I agree with people saying nothing significant has changed between the Meaningful Votes. But given that it’s already been trounced twice, isn’t it a waste of time to keep bringing it up?

Is the hope that with the deadline staring them in the face they’d finally say “oh, well, if this is all we’re getting then I guess it’s ok with me”? Seems like a dumb strategy if so.

But that was literally last week’s vote… we still don’t know if the EU will allow the delay, right? So when they took that vote, Brexit was/is breathing down their neck.

Not sure why Draxen is so glum, the default position is us crashing out, not defaulting back to 2016.

Basically the idea is that given the choice between May’s deal and a long extension, sufficient ERGers and Labour rebels will switch. Maybe she’ll be able to chuck in something to appease the DUP, but it’s hard to see what would fly. It’s a dumb strategy in the sense that this kind of running out the clock has obviously been the strategy all along, but I’m not sure it won’t work. A fair few people have already declared they will switch, and the number of signatories to the no switch letter was pretty low.

The EU will grant an extension, probably fleecing us for a few billion GBP in the process. They don’t want the UK to crash out and an extension is an easy thing to grant to prevent that.
As soon as one extension is granted I think it’s an easy step to a looooong extension. Frustrate, delay, revoke.

I’d put the blame on any cost incurred on the UK, since we’re the one constantly asking for more time to not do the thing we keep saying we want to do.

Again, I can’t disagree. Since Parliament skews remain they’ve been able to frustrate a referendum result. It’s a terrible thing really.

Except that actual Brexiteer MP’s keep voting down the thing that gets them Brexit, too. Some of them because it is too much of a compromise, some of them because they realize it borks their constituencies, and can’t reconcile their position with the reality of their desires.

IE, quit only blaming the other side.

Unless we leave with no deal at all.

And considering the deals that have been offered, I’d rather we left with no deal, or we stayed in, but the current recommendation being that we effectively stay in but lose all influence and votes etc…uff.

He wakes me up miaowing like mad because he wants to be let out. As soon as I open the door, he stands in the middle, unsure whether he wants to go out or not. When I put him out, he gives me an evil look.

French is such a beautiful sonorous language…

Isn’t blaming others all brexiters are good at?

I mean besides being EXQUISITE racists, of course.

We can only hope for a veto on any extension. Come on EU members, you’re our only hope! :P
The irony is not lost.

Well this was on my list of low probability events not worth hoping for. Now what?

More 14 words bullshit from a third of British people. I can’t imagine many/any are remainers though.

The next time a Brexiter mentions blue passports or sovereignty this is what they really meant.

My simplistic understanding is that there are many Muslims in Britain and many of them are British.

Therefore what on earth does a Brexiteers gain, in this regard, from leaving the EU?

I’m not seeing any benefit here for a Brexiteers who also has reservations about Islam.

British Muslims would also get blue passports…

I’m not disagreeing with you as such, just expressing bafflement at this as a Brexiteers motive, although if bundles up in general anti foreigner sentiment it makes a bit. More sense.

Because in their mind, a Muslim Brit is not a real Brit, therefore gets lumped in their brain as an immigrant. Or that they think the Muslim Brit will keep bringing in family and relatives or whatever via immigration. Never mind that they wouldn’t necessarily be coming via EU, it’s all just gets lumped in with controlling immigration.

Yup, it’s not about anything other than xenophobia and racism.