Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

Uri Geller will save us from the Apocalypse :)

He’s still alive?

So, the plans for No Deal Brexit have been leaked.

tl;dr We’re fucked. We don’t know how fucked because the government has plastered trade, industry and civil services with gag orders.

Just remember, the government that can’t deliver any coherent plans and is an absolute shitshow unprecedented in the history of the modern West is “stockpiling”. Which basically meant, someone has written down the need to plan for medicine shortages on a piece of paper somewhere.

People are going to die. Every person arguing for No Deal Brexit is doing so knowing what they want will kill innocent people.

No need to worry about insulin. The US will sell it to you for $1,000 per person per month. We’ll also take Euros. No pounds though.

Probably not actually written down as such. Grayling has contracted the pharma planning out to a firm in Belarus that specializes in pizza delivery, paying in bitcoins, and he’s beginning to grow a bit anxious that they haven’t responded yet…

I stumbled across a Youtube channel that has some good content. I thought you guys might be interested.

Good stuff. I have been nerding out on this

plus if you are suuuper into it this is well worth a wade into

I am a bit of a UK system of government fanboy so this seeing how the system handles high crisis is awesome to me.

I am amazed its handling it so well in the face of a complete government incompetence coupled with a split country on an issue which is genuinely an important one on which reasonable people can disagree or change their minds.

Hehe you and me both. Thanks for the vids :)
I watched the first one and enjoyed it, going through the 2nd now.

I think the so called “peoples vote”, also known as “the losers vote” by Brexiteers (an equally ridiculous and incendiary monicker) should be renamed to the “headless chicken” vote. Regardless of what you call a 2nd referendum it’s a terrible solution to the current problem of Brexit. It would serve no purpose other than to waste time and money and would just lead to the nation being more deeply divided on the issue. The 2016 referendum result must be upheld.

EDIT:

I have no problem with dividing the nation if it means a dwindling aging population will be the loser. They can die off stewing in their ideas of lost empire, while the young and employed can continue to live their lives free of economic turbulence and increased austerity that hard Brexit would bring.

But I love reading your arguments, Draxen, which devolve around insisting a 2% lead on a deeply fraudulent voting campaign should be sacrosanct.

The ethno-nationalists will be mostly dead soon, other than the Alt Right Nazis in UKIP.

4 million signatures in 3 days. The Tories will be extinct when their current voterbase dies. The younger ethno-nationalists and neonazis in UKIP are too toxic and involved with far right terrorism to ever leave the fringes. I look forward to full EU and Euro and Euro Army integration in a few years.

btw Pro-Brexit protests have fizzled out. No support. Anywhere. Other than Noisy Nazis on socmedia and in yellow jackets.

there are a few hundred thousand Remain marchers in London today to counter Farages 2 dozen Brexiters on their pub crawl.

I met Uri Geller when I was a sweet and innocent 16 year old, and didn’t care much for him then.

Now that I am a more cynical, experienced adult, I care for him even less.

Why?

I certainly don’t.

Sarcasm?

I for one respect draxen for putting his* points across, even if I deeply deeply disagree with just about everything he has written.

At least he puts together an argument. Most Brexiteers I know just froth at the mouth randomly and mumble about bent bananas and some such.

*I’m assuming draxen is a male.

I sincerely hope this makes a difference.

I cynically don’t believe it will though.

I do think it’s the simplest option. Revoke Article 50 and immediately remove a lot of pressure.

Get the brexit bunch together, make them hammer out a manifesto. If need be, get parliament to agree to a brexit plan, and not delay forever (if we decide we really want to leave that is)

Take it to parliament.

If/when parliament finally agree on a plan, then we trigger article 50 and go to Brussels with that plan, and have 2 years from a solid start position of unity to build on.

Instead of now, where we are about to crash out because none of the brexit muppets seems to have a clue what they actually want.

Because if the EU is essentially an anti-European-War project, then a single military force is the end game. Armies generally don’t make war on themselves.

I’m inclined to think Nato is sufficient for this purpose.

Plus only Britain and France have capable and vaguely sizeable militaries. Capable here is defined by global reach and capability. France, the USA, Holland and Britain have the capacity to land a battalion plus if troops anywhere in the world within 24 hrs if need be. That’s a hard bar to reach and most militaries can’t do it. Infact most wouldn’t even care to be able to.

I think China now can manage it.

Holland is very professional, but small.

Germany is small for obvious reasons, and I think it’d be a hard sell up scaling them.

Note that Nato already has common standards and. Procedures so an EU army would be superfluous.

Plus there’s the issue of who would control it.

The USA being the behemoth it is makes the leadership of Nato pretty smooth.

An EU army would be led by… The French? The Germans (I don’t see that going down well…)

And I think that level of EU integration is something even I would vote against, and I’m a remainer with military experience!

Sure, but the one outcome is more or less like the other, so there is nothing obviously wrong about wanting the other. And at least the EU military force can’t be effectively destroyed by a senile American President, so in that sense the other is clearly superior.

My end game is a single world govt, world economy, world currency, world police/army, world healthcare and welfare. Just imagine how much competition and warfare would be eliminated. The EU is a step to that. If the West doesnt play this long game and a world around freedom then the others already in this game are the Chinese and a more totalitarian vision.

Has the American force been neutered by Trump?

It’s a serious question.