Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

I didn’t realize the UK underwent the same sort of sea change in culture that the US seems to have undergone. (Toward the Left and the Right I guess.)

Suprises all around!

The Quitlers have been threatening No Deal since day one, and then when the EU show diligent planning for it then fake outrage that the EU are planning for No Deal. This is Trumpian.

Incidentally, Davis is notoriously thick and lazy, refusing to work a full week.

Being lazy and not working a full week is also very Trumpian.

Dead Ringers always does a great impression of David Davis, the British Bulldog. What a jackass.

Is that tweet real?? Seems it is. I am laughing my ass off.

Make your fucking mind up FFS!

LOL, this is what happens when the dog catches the car.

It would be amazing if they actually have a vote and it fails… cause it would fail, right?

Farage is skint.

Farage has also had his wages docked for misuse.

He needs the EU more than most people in the country.

Aaron Banks, his funder (and married to a SVR op) is also saying the same today. suspiciousface.gif

Would love one to happen though, fairly certain Remain would win.

Like.

From a purely theoretical outside observer POV, I wouldn’t make that bet.

One, everything that has happened, the UK government running around like a headless chicken can be rationalized away not as less than perfect politicians trying to come to grips with a very challenging situation but rather a bunch of idiots fucking up.

Two, what has happened really? Pound fell a bit?

Three, absolutely no guarantee that Article 50 is reversible by the UK. So you can have another referendum, but it’ll probably be with the background noise of EU politicians trying to extract stuff from the UK, walk back privileges, probably try to keep whatever they think they’ve gotten from Brexit.

But maybe popular opinion has changed…

Has a non eurosceptic ever had their wages garnished for this kind of fraud? I know it sounds a bit conspiracy theory so I’d genuinely like to hear about instances that I’m simply unaware of.

I would flip my vote not because I now think Brexit is a good idea but because I believe that a remain vote in a second referendum would lead to a fatal loss of confidence in democracy in the uk. Lisbon was passed with no public mandate, but one referendum isn’t enough to leave? It would become very clear how severely the deck is stacked. Sometimes you have to let the people get it wrong.

No, no dear, we’re going to drive off this cliff. If little Timmy can’t learn to read the map then he must learn what the consequences are. Now, accelerate.

My son has spent the lasts several months in the UK, but of course he’s American. His outsider-next-door perspective has been those in the UK hold one single universal truth; Trump is an idiot. The second most commonly held opinion is their own politicians are a combination of incompetent, corrupt, and moronic.

The only real difference in that respect is the US seems to have a few more “true believers,” and we tend to think politicians are corrupt first, and incompetent or moronic as secondary traits.

With that in mind, I think the ability to “undo” something might find a lot more popular support than might otherwise be expected from standard polling.

Ironically, it’s only because of Lisbon we’re able to leave at all.

Well, pre-Lisbon international law on treaty cessation would have applied. It would certainly have been an almighty mess. But pre-Lisbon leave was a fringe anyway. I guess we will never know if it was Lisbon or the global financial crisis (or maybe just trying to cause trouble for Cameron) that turned a lot of the Tory eurosceptics from spoilers into outright leavers.

It’s certainly not about “teaching Timmy what the consequences are”. Paddy Ashdown summed it up pretty well on referendum night, ironically.

I see democracy as a system to get people to consent to rule without the threat of force, by telling them that they are the masters and the rulers are answerable to them. If you make a lie of that, then the democracy cannot long endure.