Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

Also ironically, it appears to originate in Poland…
EVERYTHING BEGAN HERE! BREXiT ENERGY DRINK

Wasn’t it the fisherman who were pushing Brexit so hard (amoung others)? So now in part because of them fish prices may skyrocket. Some bad irony.

Well, not really irony. It’s kind of their goal.

They are selling the fish, not buying. Having the price go up is good for them.

All of this is in a ‘no deal’ scenario, which seems very unlikely.

Everything will certainly be more expensive if we leave the Single Market and Customs Union, but the worst case figures are not going to happen unless something goes very, very wrong.

Sorry, I’m American but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You’re cute.

I no longer agree with this. I think it’s unlikely, but not sure if “very”.

I used to think it was unthinkable, so I’ve shifted my distribution too!

If they remain tied to the customs union, is there really any point in exiting the EU at all?

Hating on EU immigrants, of course.

Not sure which is the best thread for this, but it mentions Brexit, so here it goes:

The 12th of June looks like it will be a busy day. 15 Lords amendments, plus government concessions, in one marathon twelve-hour session.

Oh hey I’ll be in England then :).

That sounds like the sort of penance they handed out during confession back in my grade school days.

From the datalinks:

“You’ve got to face the fact there may now be a meltdown, OK? I don’t want anybody to panic during the meltdown. No panic. Pro bono publico, no bloody panic. It’s going to be all right in the end.”

-Boris Johnson, on the topic of the Brexit negotiations

Wonder if it ever occurred to him they could have just avoided the “meltdown” step and gone directly to “be all right”?

To be fair to BoJo, he’s talking specifically about the negotiations, not the economic situation.

Try; I will amend my quote!

Not even remotely surprised by any of this any more.