Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

I can’t tell if that’s a troll or not…

I think he is kidding. if not I think Corbyn is a crazy Brexiter but his response to Russias nerve agent attack on the UK was measured and fairly sensible. I mean his minor gaffe was he wanted to wait a week or two while it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt it was Russia, once it was he condemned it.

:)

Unfortunately, others can’t really take advantage of this (e.g. stupidity, incompetence) without in turn looking like some favored elite political class… (This is true everywhere.)

Agreed. In her case though I find it baffling. I mean lets be real for a moment, her political career is now a disaster. Her one chance of rescuing it is to do the right thing for her country and her conscience (she has always been pro EU) and just undo Brexit, then hold an election and accept the gratitude or blame of a nation. But even if she gets whalloped history would remember her far more kindly than it is currently going to.

Oops, ignore my previous comment. I thought she was one of the pro-Brexit morons.

Perfectly understandable given the way she has acted since becoming Primeminister.

The FT’s subhead for a story on Boris’s leadership ambitions is “Former foreign secretary appears to have quit without a short-term plan”. Sound familiar for some reason.

The Telgraph remains on an even keel.

Gee, I wonder why readers of the Brexit press would think something like that.

The White Paper will be published tomorrow. My prediction is Fox resigns after the Customs Union part is thoroughly dissected and reveals any chance at an independent trade policy has been gutted (which seems to matter a great deal to some people).

I’m leaning on scenario (2) out of the above. Labour have a very clear line that lets them vote against the final deal, and the ERG are going to remain incensed. It won’t take more than a handful of rebels for Parliament to bounce it back to the executive, but then who knows what happens?

Scenario 2 assumes Labour will withstand the pressure to go along with the majority of the voters who voted for Brexit, and approve the deal. I’d like to believe they have that strength, but it hasn’t been very evident throughout the entire Brexit debacle.

He’s living in a posh shed attempting to write his memoirs.

Easy enough to withstand if Johnson and Rees-Mogg - and the Telegraph and Daily Mail, more importantly - are calling it a betrayal of those voters…

SPOILER SPOILER if you are reading this and have NOT seen the result of the Croatia England game do NOT click. I mean YOU Rocketman.

For the rest of you, enjoy :)

Summary

https://twitter.com/AdamParsons1/status/1017156912109051909

We got most of what we wanted…

Hah you made my morning.

Yeah sorry man, I dont feel so bad the day after, hope you are cheered up a bit as well! About the football not May’s Brexit handling :)

Football fades now like the whispers of a vivid dream that is but ashes and dust in the recesses of the mind, pushed into the corners by the immediacy of the florally tinged aroma of my waitress, who is rather beautiful and seems to like me.

What football?

Trump ‘helps’ with some level-headed diplomacy and carefully chosen words.

I keep seeing the white paper being reproached as “not what we voted for,” or words to that effect.

Dare one ask what exactly was voted for? The big bus lies, which were never going to work?

The free trade fantasy world?

The taking back of our borders and magically stopping all immigration?

My great hope is the whole thing gets sunk, and someone has the balls (sorry May, intestinal fortitude then, as you have no balls!) to call a new referendum, on specifics proposed, namely her white paper, and then it gets sunk because it appeals to no-one.

Then someone (same person) has the guts to call for a new referendum on whether or not we want to actually leave the EU, this time both campaigns tightly managed for facts presented instead of ludicrous claims, and conflicts of interest (e.g. being in cahoots with Putin) declared, and rules strictly enforced (e.g. regarding spending), and specific points up for discussion, not a whiffly waffly yes/no.

Onus on the Leave team to show concrete proposals for what they would change, and how, with time frame and independently audited cost estimates.

Both teams to have their figures independently reviewed.

Remainers to show how they would salvage the situation and reform the EU, and educate people on what the benefits of the EU are, to the man on the street. A very obvious benefit is that people in the UK go abroad every summer for holidays, most of them to EU countries. That’s possible just because of the EU, from booze trips to Calais to living in the Canary Islands. And if people had to get visas to go to Ibiza, that would be a direct consequence of Brexit, one people might think twice about.

Ditto, explain how EU regulations actually work, with numbers and concrete examples (counter the claim of being governed by the EU, and not being independent,) and explain how the UK could implement many more regulations than it does now, regarding free movement of people. Example being needing health insurance and proof of income to be a resident. If a Spanish autonomous region can do it, then so can the UK.

And where there is legitimate grievance, come to an arrangement (e.g. the fishing industry.)

I dare imagine that there’s actually great deal of common ground in terms of reforming the EU, making it a leaner, more efficient organisation that works for it’s citizens and is seen to do so.

Britain should be leading this, a necessary counterweight to the Germans, and a natural ally to all the small countries, except maybe Croatia, because they beat us in football, so fuck them.