Brian Boru Forum Game: The king is not dead

The map is wrong. Last turn we were fighting for

Which is marked below in red. This turn we’re fighting for the spot you gave me (marked below in green), not the one to the northwest.

This makes things clear. I always confuse east/west… and everything is blue!
I will update the board…

@Matt_W Why do you nuke Leinster? What have they done to you?

It’s not Leinster I’m worried about; it’s the Dubgaill ships I see patrolling off shore. :)

The coastal line looks very secure, now.

Last Turn this round:

Matt: 4, 1, 2, 16 (Coins, Renown, Helmets, Victory Points)
Dave: 2, 1, 7, 11
newbrof: 1, 1, 6, 15

Matt played:
grafik

@Dave_Perkins Your last turn. Then me, then we do scoring for this round.

I should have 4 coins. I had 3 before last turn and earned an extra one.

corrected …

Summary

take the money

I play my red 8 and take 2 axes

grafik

Matt: 2, 1, 2, 16 (Coins, Renown, Helmets, Victory Points)
Dave: 4, 1, 7, 11
newbrof: 1, 1, 8, 15

this concludes this round. I will post a the boardgame update soon.

@Matt_W @Dave_Perkins We can start the second scoring round. The board looks ok, to me.

Looks good to me.

With Conall as my partner, I’ll annex the southern red town!

Let’s do it:

Marriage:
Dave marries Conall, 2VP and a town in Southern Ui Neill
Newbrof get 1 coin

Battle:
Vikings are raiding! I have the most strength, I direct the vikings to a green town in Northern ui Neill
(Matt, you lose a town in the west of Northern ui neill).

Spoils of Battle:
Newbrof gets 1 renown token, because I am the strongest and you are weak. Then Newbrof gets 2 VP for my renown tokens. Then I lose all my helmets (donation to charity, I guess).

Dave gets 1 VP for being second and returns one helmet to the supply

Church Step:

Matt gets to place a monastery ring on a town and recieves the ring of power. And you lose all your church discs. @Matt_W where do you place the monastery

Dave gets 1 VP and removes 1 disc from the church area.

Claim Region:

I am confused, are there 3 green discs in Munster? Yeah, that’s a small border town…

It looks like Munster is claimed by Matt
I claim Northern Ui Neill

Matt: 2, 1, 2, 16 VP (Coins, Renown, Helmets, Victory Points) Regions: Munster, Leinster
Dave: 4, 1, 6, 15 VP
newbrof: 2, 2, 0, 17 VP Regions: Northern Ui Neill

I don’t think I can claim Munster without putting a monastery there, which I will. On the town in the southeast (bottom right) of the region.

I think you keep seeing that other town as in Munster.

you have 3 green in munster agains 2 orange, trigger is 5 towns. Is this not enough?

Hard to see on the image. It is better to read in real live… Then you can place the monastery, which counts against the trigger value of 5

I apologize, I’m not sure what you’re saying. It’s entirely possible I’ve missed something or am misreading the image. I only see 2 green towns in Munster. If that’s the case, I’ll put the monastery on the town pointed at by the arrow in the image above that says “In Munster”. If I do have 3 towns there already, the monastery goes in Dubhlinn.

yes, you have only 2 green towns in Munster… if you put a monastery in your town in Munster you win 3:2

look you clowns gimme my cards

OK, I’ll do that.