Brian Fargo is returning to the Wasteland for a third time

Backers just got access to the beta today on Steam. I haven’t played it yet but I did watch someone play it on Youtube. It looks really good and the plot seems pretty interesting - I suspect some betrayal and backstabbing along the way. The graphics look very good and the game has a lot of the more recent tactical game enhancements - showing percentage to hit for all possible targets from any position, looks like it has a Phoenix Point aiming mechanic (though it looks like it was perhaps based upon a perk selection?) and looting and inventory seemed simplified also - one universal inventory for all squad mates and looting one corpse loots them all. My favorite new perks is “Sneaky Shit” - evading traps/detection and sneak attacks :)

I got the beta key/key to the full game in my email as well. Huh.

Why would I kickstart Wasteland 3 when I haven’t played the first two? I guess I’ll have to go through this thread to find out.

Oh yeah. That’s how they got me to back a game I’ll probably never get to. Plus I think Brian Fargo makes good appeal videos.

I got the key also, but plan to hold off until it’s actually released. No desire to play a buggy version.

Well, first off, this is more of a demo, it’s only the first 2 to 3 hours of the game, you can’t play the entire game. Secondly, having played it, I haven’t found any bugs nor has the game crashed on me. It seems to work pretty well. That said, I don’t have every skill/perk on my team members so perhaps some of those aren’t working but overall, what I have seen looks pretty polished.

Does anyone know where the Wasteland 2 thread is at? Search is failing. All I’m getting is news articles and no real threads with any meat on them.

I’m playing it and was hoping to read through the thread for some tips.

I don’t think there was a separate thread about the game itself, just the kickstarter one.

This ain’t neoGAF, we play it fast and loose here homies! You’re lucky if the thread has the game’s name in its title.

Looks like the impressions of the released game start with this post by stusser. Before that it’s just people anticipating the game. But everything after that is like you’d find in a release thread.

Yeah. It was downright shocking how oldschool CRPG WL2 was. It really felt like they took WL1 and just updated it to be modern. Curious to see if they made any gameplay and QoL changes in WL3.

Awesome. Thanks. I assumed that thread was for the Wasteland remaster.

Well, It is…

https://am22.mediaite.com/tms/cnt/uploads/2017/10/giphy-13.gif

Yes, they have. Universal inventory instead of inventory tetris, pick up items from one corpse, you can pick them all up there - no more corpse hunting, movement shows all potential targets, skill checks are all or nothing, no more save scumming and trying again and again. Probably others but those are some of the obvious ones I saw in the demo.

Good stuff, the save scumming was probably my biggest problem with WL2. That’s one old-school CRPG bit that didn’t deserve preservation.

Not a surprise but its been delayed till August.

Why is this game sitting in Gamepass right now? It is downloadable, but doesn’t release until Aug 27. Is that a demo that’s available, or just a very early pre-load?

Also, it says “offers in-app purchases.” That doesn’t bode well.

They do that with all the Microsoft games for some reason, they add them to GamePass way too early and ask you to get it so that it’s ready for you on the day it releases. It’s a small placeholder download that’s replaced with the actual game when it releases.

I got a Fig update on this. They’re almost done with the game. I suppose I should figure out how to create a Crowd Ox account. I guess because Fig is no longer a thing, or something, that’s why I need to do it through Crowd Ox?

I’ve had several Kickstarted games send me the goods through CrowdOx, it’s just another way to get everything together and out the door, I guess. Anyway all you have to do is go to the Crowdox site, sign up with the email you used to fund through Fig, and whatever projects you’ve backed with that email address will be added behind the scenes. I had three other projects there when I finally set up my account.

This is heading out the door next week, apparently, and there’s so little talk about it. Should that be a bad sign? I’ve had Wasteland 3 in my wishlist for about a year now but the lack of talk had me almost miss the fact that it was almost here.