Bright - Elves, Orcs, Humans living together with Cats & Dogs

I think I am tired of Will Smith vehicles. I guess maybe he is the Harrison Ford of today where he plays himself and most love him for it because he is in turns adorable, endearing or sympathetic… However, with Ford, I always slowly forgot he was an actor playing a role. In everyone of Smith’s movies I can’t stop myself from thinking “That’s Will Smith pretending to be a cop”.

Wow, I’m a big fan of Shadowrun and this looks absolutely fantastic! So after Johnny Mnemonic, we get Will Smith instead of Keanu Reeves!? Why the hell not, I’m all up for it! Too bad it isn’t a series. It just has to be super successful and then it could be, right!?

I am by no means a Will Smith guy, but this looked awesome regardless of his presence or absence.

I will definitely watch this.

Reminds me of that movie about the aliens in LA, Allen nation.

Yeah, I figured it was mostly just me. :)

New trailer!

I stopped watching it half way through, looks fantastic but I don’t want to see any more - I’m already there day one.

Which is Dec. 22nd according to the text on that video!

I know what I am doing Friday.

Why didn’t I find this thread when I googled this yesterday?

I’m also seeing this on Friday, hopefully with my gang for friends that played Shadowrun back in the day.

Yeah, and they drank spoiled milk, too!

WAIT. The father alien in Alien Nation is played by Mandy Patinkin. Why does that name sound familiar? It’s Inigo Montoya!!! I can’t see it!

Wow, I had no idea that was Patinkin. He an awesome actor. He was in criminal minds for at least one season, too.

Great actor, but apparently a pain to work with.

Apparently I messed up. Patinkin is the movie guy, and the TV guy is someone else. Although wait, the picture above is the movie.

this one is the TV. Thank god for the actor next to them!

(i edited this and messed up timex’s reply)

No, that picture is the movie. You can tell because it’s got James Cann. And that’s definitely Patinkin.

The reviews are live, and the reception’s negative-to-mixed.

Eeeek Suicide Squad was terribad.

Yes. Suicide squad was awful.

That does not bode well for this, which is sad, because the premise was cool.

So… Looking at his history, this David Ayers guy made training day… And then a bunch of shitty movies?

Training Day was actually not that good, except for the “I am King Kong” ending speech, and that speech was all Denzel Washington acting.

Yeah, but it was better than the other trash he made, at least some of which was just kind of rehashes of training day.

Similarly, one of his other movies had Jake Gyllenhaal in it, and his acting helped it, but it still ended up being bad.

Sounds like this is exactly that, but with magic.

I loved End of Watch, and thought Fury was pretty decent, so I was hoping that despite Max Landis’ involvement, this would be a return to form for Ayer. That said, Variety’s reviewer thought it was fantastic, and I’m always encouraged to check out divisive films.

If this film’s performs poorly and fails to find audience, I wonder if Netflix will walk back from their blockbuster ambitions? They’re releasing 80 original films in 2018, the biggest being their massive prestige-bid about Jimmy Hoffa’s death called The Irishman, directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, and Harvey Keitel, which will cost over $125 million to produce, and it feels like so far none of them have really caught on with viewers besides Beasts of No Nation. It’s cool that they’re taking risks, but those are some huge bets!