Bringing it on

Sometimes you get what you ask for.

Ugh, it’s getting to be daily.

Quick! Everybody start shouting “Quagmire™” really loud to confuse the great unwashed masses!

For undisclosed reasons, I checked out some quotes from the movie Bring It On earlier today, and will take the opportunity to post one here (read in cheerleader tempo):
I’m sexy! I’m cute! I’m popular to boot!
I’m bitchin! Great hair! The boys all love to stare!
I’m wanted, I’m hot, I’m everything you’re not!
I’m pretty, I’m cool, I dominate the school!
Who am I? Just guess! Guys wanna touch my chest!
I’m rockin’, I smile, and many think I’m vile.
I’m flyin’, I jump, you can look, but don’t you hump. Whoo!
I’m major! I roar! I swear I’m not a whore!
We cheer and we lead! We act like we’re on speed!
Hate us 'cause we’re beautiful, but we don’t like you either!
We’re cheerleaders! We are cheerleaders!

we getting sucked into a quagmire ™, boss…teehehehe. you know what REALLY pisses me off? not being able to research the original source of that quote because google is giving me spam

The Asian cheerleader to Kirsten’s left is the actress who played Max’s eventual love interest in “Rushmore.”

Now back to your regularly scheduled quagmire.

Good god, Morris, are you insane? Unless I missed some other love interest for Max, not only are you wrong, but apparently a bit blind as well. I don’t see how anyone can mistake that gaunt scary looking woman for the lovely Sara Tanaka, seen most recently – albeit briefly – in Old School:

-Tom

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Tanaka,+Sara

You went head to head with me on Kosovo and look what happened there. Do you really want some more of this? :D

It’s actually your choice of Gabrille Union, Tsianina Joelson, Rini Bell, Shamari Fears, Natina Reed, Lindsay Sloane, Bianca Kajilich, or some other improbably named actress.

Umm, you just linked to a page that proved Sara Tanaka, who played Margret Yang in Rushmore, wasn’t in Bring It On. Nice work.

BTW, if you need help with IMDB, I’d be happy to show you how to do a search that shows common actors from Bring It On and Rushmore. Hint: there aren’t any.

And my point still stands about Kosovo. Plus I know how to spell bellwether. Your move, Morris. :)

-Tom

My wife has watched Bring it On one hundred times. I have become an Eliza fan myself:

She was the girl in The Royal Tennenbaums, too. That’s her second from the left:

BtW, Tommy Franks decided there had not been enough brought and decided to echo the president’s sentiments today…as he retired!!!

Okay, Tyler, now you’re just baiting me by deliberately spreading Morris-style misinformation about the women in Wes Anderson’s movies.

As for the Tommy Franks/George Bush Jr. sassy movie comments, what I’d really like to hear is, “We’re streaking!”.

-Tom

That’s it, I quit! Bring it on! I quit!

Must be related to Cleve.

No, I am pretty sure you are wrong. Tommy Franks and George Bush are the same person. Just like Daniel said.

It definitely isn’t Tsianina Joelson, who has a tendency to look like this.

Bitchin’ picture, Anders. However, the name of the actress from Bring It On is officially moot. Whoever she is, she’s clearly not, as Daniel said, “the actress who played Max’s eventual love interest in “Rushmore.””.

Although, this guy from Bring It On

did play Luke Wilson’s character in Bottle Rocket.

-Tom

actually, i think it’s demi moore.

The man in the front left is clearly dustin hoffman.

Dan Morris, can you get in here and clear this up for us? Dustin Hoffman was in Rushmore as the guy who played Max, right?

Isn’t that Bjork on the far right? And who is Demi Moore dancing with there? I think that’s Gene Hackman from The Royal Tenenbaum.

-Tom