Bringing it on

I’ll clear it up for you. With painfully little eye for asburdity, you’re all enjoying a self-congratulatory “smear the dummy” thread, completely failing to appreciate my linking the IMDB page that openly contradicts my absurd jokey comment that Sara Tanaka was in “Bring It On.”

Sorry about the trouble; as any comedian will mopily explain, the gag is clearly a failure if it has to be explained. You all seem to be having so much fun with it anyway, I figured an explanation would be something of a party-pooper.

On the plus side, I’ve now discovered a simple and effective way to derail all of your pseudo-passionate threads about international affairs. It’s obvious you’re all much more interested (and, it goes without saying, much more knowledgeable) in playing IMDB Gotcha than you are in political debate.

With painfully little eye for asburdity, you’re all enjoying a self-congratulatory “smear the dummy” thread, completely failing to appreciate my linking the IMDB page that openly contradicts my absurd jokey comment that Sara Tanaka was in “Bring It On.”

Ouch. Nice try, but you totally got busted, Dan. :)

-Tom

Maybe he misspelled her name?

What, the hell?! You guys are kicking Dan’s butt over here, and nobody had the decency to PM me.

heh, “smear the dummy.” You’re a riot, Dan. I should be paying you for this stuff.

The comment about “It’s actually…” would appear to be conclusive as to Morris’ intent.

If I’m missing some injoke about missing the point, I apologize, but I really don’t get it.

Seriously. What is wrong with you folks? The guy clearly says in his second post that he knows Sara Tanaka isn’t in Bring It On (although maybe he was genuinely mistaken in his first post). I realize Daniel is a lightning rod for criticism because his views are unpopular and his style is arrogant, but give me a break. You’re dog-piling (again) on someone for something they didn’t even do, and then desperately trying to pretend that he’s the idiot, not you. Nice work all around.

Rywill, are you saying Dustin Hoffman wasn’t in rushmore?

Just for my 2 cents (which you have all been waiting for) on the whole off topic, starring/not starring debate, I agree with Daniel in most of his political posts so I was not attempting to pile onto the whipping boy of the month.

-Chick always seems to find himself in the middle of movie confusion with someone or other here and I just wanted to be cool and join in.
-I am constantly correcting everyone I know regarding, “Hey, that’s the guy/girl from [such and such]” Mostly I have to correct them because all of those people are stupid, stupid family members and friends who have shitty, shitty memories.
-Making outlandish comparisons and posting IMDB pix regarding hyperbolic claims are fun.

Chet - I am pretty sure that was not Dustin Hoffman. The guy from Rushmore was in The Graduate, however, and he says he often gets confused with Dustin and is flattered.

No, no–the photographic evidence of that is indisputable. (Note to everyone: despite the lack of a “wink” emoticon, I am joking.)

Rywill, thanks for taking the high road on this very important matter.