Brogue Challenge: Don't Tase Me, Brogue!

This week’s seed is #13027311.

Photobucket is acting up at the moment, so I can’t upload the starting location, but there should be a scroll entitled “glorpgreepherba” two spaces NW of the start location.

This seed was the second one that I ascended. I’ll try and post some comments on it when I have a chance at some point.

Let’s set the end date at Monday, 6/10 at quarter to three in the morning PST. I’m going to be traveling intermittently and won’t necessarily be around to monitor things or set up a score list, but have at it!

Sweet, I’ll update with scores if it’s all good :)

308 Died from poison on level 5. I got my self into a bad way with a blue bloat.

So, what’s everyone playing instead of Brogue, these days?

I should be able to get this in, especially since I have been dying way too fast lately.

I did the last one, but my death was so quick I think I neglected to post about it :).

420 - killed by a goblin on level 4.

Ugh, another quick death this week although I feel better about how I handled it this time. Details:

my end

[spoiler]I ran into a large train of goblins including 2 goblin mystics and a jackal wandering by on the other side of a door (I had telepathy still active). I decided to jump through and try to pick off a few. However, I agroed them all and the mystics were casting protection faster than I could break through it. I had all potions and scrolls tested so far and did not have a detect magic yet. I had 2 maces and didn’t want to use one until I knew if they were cursed, but after retreating myself into a corner, I equipped one just to try to break through the shields and get out of this mess. I also burned 2 of my enchant scrolls on the mace to get it to a Str 14 requirement so that I could use it without penalty. I also burned up my last recharge scroll to use my health charm again after it was enchanted once earlier. Still, I was able to kill one goblin, but a jackal still cornered me and a goblin helped kill me before I could wear them out. With the mace I was at least getting close to surviving, but I was pretty low on health already so it wasn’t enough. I also threw on my other set of armor just to help a bit even though it was too high a Str req. I believe it helped me live a bit longer, but it was not enough.

About the only other thing I believe I could have done was to equip the mace earlier and utilize the environment a bit better. There were no narrow corridors where I was, though, and the rest of the place was surrounded by lava and water so I was sorta trapped.
[/spoiler]

Blah. Died on lvl 3 to a spectral blade one step from healing. I don’t wanna talk about it.

4646 - Killed by an ogre on level 10

But really

It was the damn shaman that caused it, teleporting in reinforcements.

1090 - Killed by a goblin on level 6

Read a scroll of summon monster and like got surrounded by 12+ monsters… good night :(