Brogue seed challenge! Go!

LOL to your use of the weapon.

game spoilers up to level 15

I found and used a +3 axe of confusion. It was awesome – would confuse the enemy when I hit them. I also used the +2 chain mail of multiplicity, which upon being hit, caused the appearance of a spectral mirror of the enemy that hit me that would fight as my ally for 5-6 turns. It’s awesome stuff. I VERY NEARLY died at the beginning of level one, after drinking the potion of creeping death. I also used the lightning staffs regularly; I had a diamond ring that caused them to recharge very quickly. They were great. Level 10 was a doozie. There is a captive Troll on level 14, being held by some Salamanders. I really really wanted to get it, but the stupid Acidic Jelly cornered me.

Well I’m on level 12. So this is my best run yet. But bloody hell!

Level 12 Monster Spoiler

Underworms?!?

Weapon Spoiler

The axe I got at the beginning is so good.

I don’t know how to use the seed to start the game. Edit: okay, now I know, but I had to read the thread. Could you include this info in the OP, Clay?

Hold down Control and then click on New Game.

Dude, this was exactly the same gear I settled on, and exactly the same level 1 experience!

Whoa, damn, the spoilers are revealed when I get an email notification that there’s a post. Eeeee!

Nooooo…

8742 - Killed by a kraken on level 16.

That was a great run. I felt I was practically indestructible.

Details

[spoiler]As with Clay and sharaleo I went for the axe of confusion and armor of multiplicity. Both enchanted to +5.

On top of that, two staffs of lightening, one staff of poison, one staff of protection. A token of protection. A ring of wisdom +3.

I had two Ogre allies until about floor 14, then clumsily lost them but replaced them with two Trolls and a Dar Priestess.[/spoiler]

That was so cool. I’m grinning like a loon.

That feeling of indestructibility was what killed me in reality. Made me a bit complacent as I moved into depths I had not reached before. I stopped inspecting monsters, assuming I could handle them, then pretty much got one-shot.

It had nothing to do with the fact it was 3am in the morning…

Died by Wraith on level 12 with 6335 gold

15462 / Killed by a fury on level 21.

edit:

Spoiler tags now successfully mastered.

"

I tried on the leather armor on lvl 1, it was cursed. Scared of trying on other armor, I missed out on the chainmail of multiplicity. Damn! Might have helped, too, because what got me in the end was being surrounded by furies shortly after I came in the entrance of level 21. My main offensive weapon was the staff of poison enchanted up to 10, but it’s not that useful against enemies that come in swarms and move faster than you do. Tried to use the staff of discord to get them to attack each other instead of me, but it only delayed the inevitable.

7074; Killed by a dar blademaster on level 13. What a fun seed! I hadn’t played Brogue in months, either, so it was fun to see a lot of the changes that have been made.

"

[spoiler]Man, the mechanic for allies to learn abilities from slain monsters was one of the highlights for me. That didn’t exist the last time I played, I don’t think. So cool!

I had two Ogre allies for most of the game. One had learned Fire Immunity from a Wisp, and the other learned the strength draining from a Centipede. I enchanted the Ring of Wisdom to +7 or +8 to really increase staff charge time, and had about 8 staves. Two allies, two staves of conjuration, a staff of discord, the chainmail of multiplicity and a wand of plenty, plus staves of haste and protection, and I had a fairly unstoppable army for most of it. Which was good because I equipped a cursed rapier early on and never found a scroll of remove curse, so I couldn’t do much melee damage (due to acid slimes destroying whatever sharpness the rapier had). I had two staves of lightning, though, and with that ring of wisdom was able to cast it pretty reliably.

Toward the end, though, I was getting overwhelmed by enemies and not finding any healing spores, so my army was slowly destroyed, one by one, until I was completely out of staff charges and cornered by two dar blademasters (both under 50% health at least)![/spoiler]

This thread was a great idea!

I’m so in on this given the update on iPad makes the game so much more playable.

That story alone made this whole thing worthwhile!

I’m sure you all noticed that the seed was merely the date – what good luck!

Well whatever witchcraft you used, it was a great pick!

It was the witchcraft of April Fool’s!

I pulled down this app… the idea of having a seed challenge has me wanting to give this game a go - So very cool!!!
I’m an experienced Roguer — should I do some trial runs before I dive in? what do you all thing ;)

Yeah, it’s quite a different design from most roguelikes. Play at least a couple of games to get a feel for it before you jump into the seed challenge.

I will balance things out a bit on the newbie side as the seed run will be my 2nd ever on the game. I am still alive on Level 3, but it is taking me a while as I am taking lots of notes and screenshots… and being super careful as much as I can.

Hoping I get more time tonight to continue and see how far I can get.