Broken Forum vanished

Fair enough, sometimes parents will lie about their children being attractive.

I like both forums, the people on them, and miss the people that are gone from both. Very glad we have the wonderful individuals we do have. The one thing I wish BF would change is the name of one of the subforums of “January and everything after”. It’s a kind of “Never forget 911!” thing that’s unnecessary since BF has it’s own identity which is not “QT3 version 2” anymore.

I also wish we could get some new forum members here - especially some female & game developer voices.

Hey, some of us are game devs.

Yea, I kinda need to stop getting projects canned before they come out ><

I don’t think so.

In fact, I and most of my male friends understand the difference between beauty and sexual desirability.

Maybe you just have to be a certain age and point in life. I’m going to take a wild guess that you’re under 35 years old.

Ironically, I’m not banned there. Though, I think they prefer to talk about me rather than to me. I’m both the villain they want and need.

The villain they deserve?

That sounds about right.

That is one of the most fucked up things someone not named Koontz has ever posted on this forum in projecting their own sexual hangups to the world at large.

Good lord in heaven.

See a therapist if you aren’t already.

Here’s a hint: Billy Crystal was making a joke in When Harry Met Sally. It isn’t true, even though way too many sexually fucked up men use that character’s line to justify wallowing in their own retarded socialization.

It sounds more like you’re the one with the hangups, if you’re that incapable of grasping the core purpose of the “sexual attraction” circuit in human brains. You certainly chose to express yourself in the breathless, hyperbolic manner of someone who’s riddled with hangups.

Would you have flipped out like that if I’d written, “A person saying a meal smells delicious IS saying “I’d love to eat that.””? Hunger… sex drive… they’re both base, primal urges. But nowhere did I suggest that these urges aren’t moderated by innumerable other factors, be they cultural, psychological, situational, et al. I rather thought that was implied.

You’re the one assuming, incorrectly, that this “circuit” is active every time you see a woman.

"A person saying a meal smells delicious IS saying “I’d love to eat that.”

That’s ridiculously wrong, too. What, are you ever not hungry?

I’ve said that precisely nowhere.

Sigh. In your rush to disagree with me, is it really too much to ask that you at least think before posting?

Earlier, you argued that “I find this woman beautiful” is the same as “I want to have sex with this woman”. That is completely wrong.

Now, you seem to be arguing that “I find this woman beautiful” means “I may or may want to have sex with this woman, because there innumerable factors in that decision”. That’s quite a different claim than the original.

Dude. You’re the one equating and mistaking aesthetic appeallingness for sexual attraction. Is there overlap between one and the other? Certainly. Does the first absolutely equal the other, as you stated earlier?

Fuck no. At some point in the healthy social development of all humans, male and female, we discover that attractive properties are only basic components of more complex emotions and mental and physical processes existing separately from them. They are two separate sets that overlap in a Venn, but are not one in the same. Visual attraction stimuli can be a part of sexual attraction, especially in males. But most of us learn that visual attraction does not equal sexual attraction and most of us develop and grow to understand that very early in our socialization.

Would you have flipped out like that if I’d written, “A person saying a meal smells delicious IS saying “I’d love to eat that.””?

Yes! My lord. What kind of id-driven Koontzian manbaby thinks that way? There are innumerable foods that smell delicious to me based upon that stimulation of olfactory sense that I am not interested in eating.

Hunger… sex drive… they’re both base, primal urges.

That you equate them I think is part of your difficulty here. They are both primal, but they are not both equally powerful, even in 16 year-old hormone addled teenaged boys…and yet you’ve equated them here. They are urges that most humans are able to understand, process, and prioritize.

But nowhere did I suggest that these urges aren’t moderated by innumerable other factors, be they cultural, psychological, situational, et al.

Sure you did. You just did it again here.

As for the latter, in many cases you will get both. But in that case, as in most cases like this one person coming forward usually is all it takes.

Now for the first thing you discuss, I don’t know that saying a woman is attractive (in a non-creepy way) is saying “I just want to F*** her”. Not always. What Brian did was kind of standard male internet behavior on most forums. One guy says it and then they leave it alone. And the reason an attractive woman is used in advertising is because it works.

And is male expression sexuality a bad thing? Assuming it is not done crudely?

I don’t remember agreeing with that remark. So if you want to post my agreement (with that exact remark) I would like to see it. I remember the person trying to justify their opinion and being shouted down. I also remember keeping my mouth shut and just watching the lynching/train wreck.

There’s about a zillion other places online where you can engage in that sort of behavior if it floats your boat. There doesn’t need to be a zillion+1.

BF is in part a refuge for folks who dislike or feel uncomfortable around that sort of locker room / frathouse level of discourse. I’m puzzled as to why you and others are so puzzled by that.

Cigars smell delicious to me. Like, seriously, scrumptious. Whenever I’ve gone into a tobacconist’s shop, I immediately start to breathe deeply through my nose. I almost salivate.

I’ve never wanted to eat a cigar.

I haven’t been there in a long time. I always looked at it as a gaming forum similar to this one. I didn’t know there were different rules in play. If someone posting a pic of a woman that seems designed to highlight her cleavage is a bad thing, I am ok with that rule. BF can have all the rules it wants, of course.

We’re just going to ignore triggercut now since he’s clearly on some sort of spittle-fueled holy rampage.

No, it isn’t quite different. Let me ask you a question. Do you seriously believe that I seriously believed that I was summing up with perfect accuracy the totality of human sexual response behavior–a subject which has filled countless academic volumes–in a single, informally-written, 16-word sentence?

The responses flying around here are comparable to if I said “I like cake” and then someone responds “Oh so you eat urinal cakes?” and “Wow, even cakes filled with maggots?” and “Clearly you’ve never been a baker!!!”

Christ.