Broken Forum vanished

Nintend0med is so 2016.

Oh yeah, DaveLong, you should know that your name is spoken often in the Nintendo threads! I got a lot of responses like, “You remind me a lot of DaveLong! Remember when he used to post here lolololol.”

Honestly, I’ve never seen a board where everyone is so proud of the people that they chased off.

For a forum with a reputation for being full of snowflakes, there are really a lot of unbelievable assholes posting there.

It is not a place where having an opposing opinion is either appreciated or tolerated.

Again, not cool to shit on people that are unable to post here. Best to just let them do their thing in peace.

Agreed.

Well, that’s fun. I have an account there that I used rarely. I kind of quit messageboards entirely for awhile there and when I came back it really was only to this place and now the Retro Game Boards. I occasionally check ResetEra too, but I always forget about that other place even though I never got involved in any of the mess that happened.

I guess there’s something wrong with people who enjoy Nintendo games? :-/

I was permanently banned for asking why I was temporarily banned. I think a little commiseration can be cathartic.

Go ahead, just not here.

I don’t have a strong opinion either way on whether it’s okay to talk about them here, but you know you can’t just drop a single “cathartic” post here without some piling on from this side. That’d be enough to discourage me from bringing it up.

I do all my complaining about you guys on Twitter, where no one will read it!

Hey, it’s not just me talking. You can read the half-dozen long threads over there about why half the forum are such fucking assholes and the other half are leaving in droves for yourself…which threads inevitably descend into nit-picking and score-settling.

I know, a sizable chunk of this forum has a strong opinion on those guys, which is why we don’t want to start that ball rolling!

Plus how about that NAME I mean who names their FORUM with FORUM in the name is that like advertising SHIRT FOR CLOTHES or something?

Dude, you have an incredible ability to kill a thread. It’s uncanny. ;)

Hey @ArmandoPenblade: Clit.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

To be clear because Discourse doesn’t believe in showing a Replied-to notification unless there’s one or more posts between you and the reply-ee, I am calling @stusser a motherfucker, @DaveLong. Nothing you said is wrong, and I accept that.

Guys, let’s all start complaining about Wikipedia now!

Fair enough, I’ve said my piece about BF. Thanks for listening, everyone!

Lolololol

They can be a strange bunch over there. I mostly go there for the gifs/twitter/meme threads because there is some great stuff being shared there. But as a very recent example, I just posted a picture there this morning (of a guy on fire rolling a d20 - it’s also in our own non-GIF thread) and it literally sparked a discussion about if rolling a 1 was good or not in DnD. Like… it’s a fucking joke. For real? We’re going to dissect it?