Broken Forum vanished

If I strike it down will it then become more powerful than we could possibly imagine?

waves it around, making ominous lightsaber noises

Is it purple like Mace Windu’s?

takes that new spontaneous idea for a sex aid and makes millions off of it

Tshhhhhew. Nnnnnnnnnnnn.WOOM. WOOOM WOOM.

Maybe when it senses movement stopping it makes Darth Vader breathing sounds. There are a lot of ways to go with this idea.

Be careful what you wish for.

https://m.popkey.co/944972/bg4oq.gif

Ahh, the internet.

:) 345

Yep, this. I was so tired of the pile-ons that I would rarely post, and only in non-controversial topics like games and movies. But then some people would pile on and complain that I wasn’t posting enough, so I shouldn’t be posting at all.

You people all stopped posting on BF in super boring ways, sheesh.

Really? Man, that’s a new one on me.

I have seen the “you don’t post here very often so your opinion doesn’t mean much” used here a couple times. Usually to someone in P&R who obviously isn’t used to P&R.

I remember seeing that attitude at BF too, but I don’t think people there were alone in using it.

Wait, what? That literally makes no sense to me. I tried being a part of both forums for a while. And I was neutral towards a lot of topics but they did have a very specific and to me a forced viewpoint. And because of that a lot of piling on. I eventually just came mostly here and well disappeared from both due to life.

I do miss a lot of the people that left. Especially the forum games, the sports and fantasy league guys.

But that’s really different from “You don’t post much so you shouldn’t be posting at all.”

Yeah, a lot of that crew just seemed perpetually angry and reveled in bullying and being exclusionary and cruel. I doubt they’re such social misfits in person, because people rarely are, and acting like that online is just a manifestation of their real-life insecurities.

Like I said upthread, I was kinda defending Cleve since he actually released his game. I got jumped on for ‘not posting enough’ to have a legit opinion. I joined there right after the diaspora. Maybe I didn’t post every day, but I was there before most of the people who were jumping on me. Not worth the agita.

And now agita is in my dictionary. It has to learn.

I got banned for shitposting in the shitposting thread in the shitposting sub-forum.

It was a very long time ago, I had a flash of prophecy and realised where the place was going so committed virtual seppuku.

You all are acting like some of us don’t post in both places and like this place doesn’t have its own problems.

Actually no. Where the heck do you get that from?

Edit: Removed unneeded f word.

Whataboutism off the starboard bow!