Broken Forum vanished

Occam’s Razor suggests that if he hasn’t leaked information about certain nefarious NSA programs then it’s because they, or their supposed nefarious deeds, exist only in your imagination.

edit; Removed, because Tortilla prefers censorship. He wins, etc.

Exactly.

No, Occam’s Razor did not suggest that in any way. We have had hints and sniffs of NSA and other agencies doing all kinds of wiretapping and snooping and civil liberty violations for a long time now. Snowden just revealed the details and then program after program after program of stuff that many suspected but never had hard data on. And then some things that went even beyond those suspicions.

If you decide that something is true with no evidence other than “I just think it must be!” then no one and no information that would tend to go against that belief is going to change your mind, since your beliefs are not based on data or evidence.

What?

ORLY

Bush has publicly acknowledged issuing an order after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that allowed the National Security Agency to intercept telephone and e-mail exchanges between the United States and overseas without court authorization.

I figure since that article is from 2006 it’s appropriate to bust out old memes.

He’s in full-on tar baby mode.

That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.

Ignore list, guys. It’s the only answer.

I’d happily consider evidence contradicting my cherished belief that you’re Dawn Falcon.

Does QT3 ban people these days? While he certainly is careful is to not cross any lines for profanity or name calling he has a gift for turning any thread with any political content at all that he enters into a thread about him.

True enough, and it’s spilling out of P&R into forums like this one, which is even worse. Anyhoo, while bans still happen, they’re the product of behind the scenes admin decisions that ordinary posters like you and me aren’t privy to. The ignore list, on the other hand, is available to everyone. Mine’s really short, with just one currently unbanned poster on it. Guess who.

Tom never banned people for this kind of behavior, which was one of the long standing sources of contention. Banning was about how people interacted with him personally, and Tom just never participates in the sort of political threads that Dawn Falcon likes to muck up. Which may actually be wise; such threads tend to be terribly pointless.

Okay, you want censorship? Fine, censorship.

What censorship? Has anyone other than you deleted your posts? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

As for banning people, hey, I’m not for that. We have the ability to simply ignore posts so we (and I’m including my posts here) are complicit in creating these types of threads. I’d rather people simply ignore as opposed to a ban. If someone is posting blatantly hate-spewing or racism, that’s another thing. But that’s not the case here.

I filled his demand, no more. Don’t worry, I’ll be far less helpful on here in future (no more tech help), as he’s demanded.

Plenty of other places it’ll be appreciated more.

With the exception of obvious spam, no one has been banned from this forum for, gosh, well over a year. Probably more. And I don’t see anything in this thread that suggests I should ban Dawn Falcon/Starlight. If you guys don’t like what he’s saying, ignore him. If you think he’s ruining other threads, let me know and I’ll gladly do something if it’s an issue. But this thread is a dead topic that has morphed into something else. It’s not as if some meaningful conversation about Lum’s forum being offline is being derailed.

And for the record, I think Starlight’s comments in this thread are nuts. :)

-Tom