Broken Forum vanished

Ha ha whoops!

Well, sure, but you have to admit that, given the general performance trend of international players, that even the best team from another country would probably be, at best, a fringe wild card team.

I mean look at Japanese players, and they are probably the most developed and best international league. You can almost always count on an ERA bump of 1, and a drop in BA of .050.

Even Ichiro, a lock HoF player, had some decline in numbers from his Japan days.

Aluminum bats.

Hey guys, why do Canadians only fuck doggie style?

So they can both watch the hockey game!

So has this thread just become intentional trolling against the people who genuinely came in here and expressed disdain that this forum didn’t treat women well? I mean, it’s working. Congrats. We can now throw in LGBT people in the pile of people for which we do not consider their feelings. I’m waiting for the minority bashing too just to tie it all up in a nice bow.

My image post was driven by the fact that I was singing to myself the old, but very catchy, tune Steers, Beers, and Queers by the Revolting Cocks. So yeah, let’s pile on Texans because, you know, fuck those guys.

More along the lines of expressing disdain that we are unwilling to go through pearl-wringing, self-flagellating navel-gazing for the sake of it. We are who we are on this board. Some of us are worried about it. Some of us aren’t. It’s not like we’re goddamn RPGCodex, really.

No one asked you do that. It’s dishonest to even suggest that was the request.

I’ve never seen anyone make this argument and not be wrong. It’s a lazy way of rationalizing bad behavior almost all of the time.

Nobody could have seen this coming.

Narrator: Everybody saw this coming.

Well we were having a discussion (itself only tangentially related) and then it went seriously off topic which doesn’t bother me a bit, but then specific people start coming in over and over and basically give us examples of the behaviors discussed above. Behaviors that we were told above do not occur on this forum.

So, if you “saw this coming”, don’t you mean you knew the board was like this already and all the calls above about “but this board is all kumbaya and everyone loves each other” were bullshit to begin with?

Funny joke though, really. I love narrator voice. No sarcasm. I personally hate being this serious but since, well, no one else is calling this out I figured I’d give it the ol’ college try. I don’t even wear pearls for chrissakes.

Surely nobody expected a backlash. These issues aren’t controversial!

Narrator: Everybody expected a backlash. These issues are obviously controversial.

Backlash to what exactly? Oh yeah, asking people to consider their behavior and maybe stop pointing at other forums that might be more friendly to the non-white male variety and laughing? As if there is a leg to stand on here? Backlash, more like finger in the ear and won’t listen while screaming at the top of their lungs that change and conversation is bad.

Mmmhmm. Yes, that.

Whoever owns The Narrator account needs to jump in now.

For what it’s worth I gave actually providing reasoned insight into why stuff we get up to here isn’t always super-awesome funtimes for everyone who’s isn’t a 68-year-old white male whose resume includes coding some AI for an ill-remembered Panzer General expansion pack for the Amiga the old college try for awhile, but it was fairly evident that most of the folks who might benefit from said reasoned insight were also convinced it was actually pearl-clutching and navel-gazing and chastising, so, you know, here we are.

Believe that was mostly Matthew Gallant. BTW, I heard he got banned from BF. What did he do?

Yeah, sorry, didn’t mean to minimize other folks’ contributions when I said “no one else is calling this out”. I meant, no one else is calling this out this time. When it’s in the actual thread. The actual thread where we decided to talk about this stuff. I appreciated your much more nuanced and considerate approaches above to my own “shouting disdain” approach which is about all I can muster these days when people pull the ol’ “I am who I am and the PC police aren’t gonna change me!” line.

To be fair I’m only capable of being diplomatic and thoughtful for about 11 seconds before I need to revert to screaming “BURN THE REPUBLICAN HERETICS” at the top of my lungs to recharge the ol’ Hate-o-Meter.