Broken Forum vanished

And Zarathustra said unto them, It does not matter how message boards are moderated, because message boards themselves do not matter. Message boards are only message boards.

And many fled from Zarathustra, crying, Only message boards, only message boards…

But others posted messages against Zarathustra. And Zarathustra said unto them, These too are only messages on message boards.

And more fled from Zarathustra. But others stayed, saying, Where else shall we go? There is nowhere else for us.

And Zarathustra said, This too is only a message on a message board.

And then the commercial ended, and Zarathustra returned to Lyle Waggoner and Lawrence Tierney in Wizards of the Demon Sword. But the message board stayed where it was.

no-answer

Wait, what? Damn, wow. I loved that series/OVAs back in the day. Actually all the anime I liked were from the early 00s and any time I mention it these youngsters look at me like I"m a weirdo that’s lying because I’m not watching what’s current.

I distinctly remember furries being part of the unpleasant and undignified death of SlowNewsDay

I consider Evangelion to be the inflection point- that’s when moe stuff started to really escalate due to the popularity of Rei. That’s when things started to jump the shark.

Also artstyles really started to change just after 2000 as well - the 90s style was just a lot better to me as well than what we got afterwards.

So you want to replace the old benevolent dictatorship with an oligarchy I see.

CLOSED AS NOT CONSTUCTIVE.

Wait… Does that work?

enlightened tyranny

Ok yes, that’s better.

It’s a holiday in Qt3
Where you’ll do what you’re told
It’s a holiday in Qt3
Where the forum’s got so much soul
Tom Chick

Ooh ooh now do “Too Drunk to Post”!

Went to my laptop
I typed all night
Drank 16 Zimas and started up some fights
But on Qt3
I was completely toast
Tried shitting up a thread, but I was too drunk to post

There has been a lot of constructive conversation in this thread, but it also keeps veering back into humor and nonsense. Arrendek was making a joke about the nonsense, no need to get defensive.

Edit: @Nesrie see responses below before responding to this one, I think arrendek clarified for me what was going on.

Actually I think I’m agreeing with Nesrie on this one. What once was general thread ridiculousness and tendency to go off topic got appropriated by 2 or 3 people who really don’t want to talk about the conversational thread we were having and seemed to purposely divert attention so we didn’t continue the conversation. It’s posting dinosaurs in a thread with a spammer but applied to a conversation about how women are treated on the forum.

Also, they took generic rambling direction of the thread as an opportunity to post a few things that hardly even belong in a “men’s locker room” in 2018.

Anyways, I unfollowed the thread, I only noticed your post because I got the notification from Discourse. They “won” as far as I’m concerned. This forum is a boy’s club for people who want it to be, they don’t need to change.

I usually don’t like being serious, but I liked the conversation we were having before these people got fed up and started bombing the thread with BS, so it disappointed me to see it happen.

Oh, maybe that’s what @Nesrie meant, so my bad if she wasn’t blaming you.

But the conversation about how women are treated on this forum needed its own thread; I’m still not sure why no one started one.

This thread was a train wreck off and on long before that productive discussion broke out. If you started a thread about women and people showed up to spam it and kill the conversation, I’d be pissed off too, but this is the wrong thread to get upset about the topic shifting again.

Yeah, I got the impression Nesrie was not complaining about Arrendek so much as recognizing the same sad truth he had. But hey, I’m not psychic!

As far as you know.

Oops, now I’m just redundant. As usual.

Yeah, it certainly helped me “let it go” that it’s happening in this thread rather than a thread titled “How we treat women on this forum” but the responses that happened here definitely don’t encourage me as far as starting a different thread is concerned.

Plus I don’t know that I’m the right voice to be starting such a thread.

Also what Armando said before, in that the people who probably should think before they post every now and then will pretty much ignore any thread named that anyways.

I like the one by Styx. Some of their best work. Pre-Roboto.