Broken Forum vanished

I just want everyone to be happy!

I think the upcoming Battletech game is going to break a really, really long spell for me. I’m trying to remember a first-day release play for me and… huh. I can’t. It’s been a while. [Edit: wait. I picked up the Tanks DLC for ArmA 3 day one just recently, but I still haven’t fired up Arma 3 again yet…]

I just can’t swing myself to laying down a cool $60+ for a new release any more, unless it’s be-all-end-all kind of game.

Neither of my most recent were $60. One was EU IV, for $40, the other was Transistor for $20 I think?

Anyhow, yeah, I’m not into the types of games they charge $60 for anyhow, so that’s easy!

Let’s party! I’m in.

I like the idea of an old game redone by the original old gamers.

Arrendek and Nesrie are right IMO. There does need to a conversation.

I kind of never understand the grousing about staying on topic at Qt3. This place has never worked like that. Not from the original blue boards up to today. It’s actually something that endears this place to me over all the others. People just … talk. It feels like a real conversation.

You know, I’ve never really understood how the soundtrack for “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” became so iconic. It just seems like mostly whistles and a chorus of children whining. Luckily you’re not missing much dialogue if you just mute the movie.

Speaking for myself, I don’t act silly to derail a conversation on purpose in an attempt to suppress it. It’s more like, heyyyy is it time for me to act dumb? EXCELLENT!

If I were wumpus, I’d just dump all these subforums and threads and just have one topic, and everything goes right in there. All stream of consciousness, all the time. You guys could see what it’s like to live in my brain!

lolol!

OMG what is wrong with you it is SO GREAT

Right on.

Any adult has heard these undergraduate politics many times before over many years, and we aren’t required to have the conversation AGAIN every time a new class graduates — any more than we are when a new person tells us the good news that He is risen, or that our relatives in a Third World country have left us a batch of whatever they use for money over there. Actually, we’re not required to have any conversation, ever. Because this is a message board about video games. Socrates ain’t here (though Brian Koontz thought he was Socrates) and if he were here, I’d draw a mustache on him. JMJ out ----

Now who is re-writing the narrative? You want to show me where the bulk of this topic ever focuses on video games? Hell it’s like you didn’t even read the posts after you found something you agree with, the part where divedivedive was talking about how much time he doesn’t spend on video games and whether posting here was ideal… and of course the response to that is of course it is. We cover a ton of topics, every day, on this message board.

Topic? I said message board. My point being that Qt3 – all of it, and everyplace like it – is not exactly the public square of Athens. If you think it’s actually important that a casual message board become a model society, or an exemplar of anything in particular, you are bound to be disappointed.

This is not a message board that’s only about video games.

If Tom decided to end the video forum and remove all video content, don’t you think people would migrate somewhere that had that?

I hope nobody comes here just to do P&R, that would be kinda sad.

John, I’ve always wanted to ask this-- how many jars?

Smart money’s on 9. Nine jars.

Fuck you.

Love,

Demosthenes

The only reason you come here is for video games?

You’re not interested in frog projects, in movies, how someone is doing in their new job, how the move went NE, how someones vacation was, whether a new system build is being enjoyed or if the HDD recovery worked?

Is this a community or not?

It doesn’t even matter really because JMJ is moving the goalposts. We aren’t trying to form Athens or coming from an undergrad class where our minds were blown. We’re asking for people to be civil to each other instead of giant assholes/misogynists all the time and actually consider their posts and how other people, especially those who aren’t in locker room you think you are in, are going to read what you write.

But you know, GAEMZ FORUM, so anything goes!

Edit: Super pissed but I’ll remove the f you