Brooklyn Nine Nine

The last couple of days have been a fuckin’ roller coaster, man. So glad to see the show picked up by NBC.

Um, wasn’t Last Man Standing cancelled last year? I mean, 1, 3, and 4, sure. And maybe Fox just decided to bring back LMS and bumped out B99. But the actual cancellation on ABC was last year, partially because they didn’t own the show, so while ratings weren’t terrible, they weren’t really making money on it either.

yesssssss

My completely uninformed guess - B99 will take over 'The Good Place’s spot in the lineup after it’s 13 episodes are over. Makes total sense, too. So first half of the season - The Good Place. Second half - Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Seems likely. NBC confirms it’s a 13-episode order, rather than 22.

That’s why I figured it’d be a good spot for B99. And it makes sense, since the same people do both shows. Not sure what that means for where their third show (Abby’s or something? Haven’t heard much about it) will fit. Just seems like a good ‘pairing’, if you will.

OTOH, I can also see NBC wanting to pair up back-to-back Schur shows too in that same time period to see if they rebuild a comedy bloc on a certain night…thought that might be difficult to manage with production schedules.

I dunno. If they were both 22-24 episode seasons, absolutely. But with both at 13, I don’t know that they do that for only half a season. But - if Abby’s is your typical 22-24 episode order, then I can see them doing that. Early season being Good Place/Abby’s, late season being B99/Abby’s.

Oh no, my groom gut is a fancy bitch!

Still behind on episodes, I am just starting episode 17 for this season, and you know its gonna be good when it starts with a Backstreet Boys song.

It’s nice that the folks on B99 were happy to thank fans for keeping the show alive and whatnot, but the reality is, the show was never in danger. Apparently NBC coveted it for a while and was ready to swoop in when FOX canceled it.

As they should have been. It never really felt like a FOX show. Though I’ll regret never again getting a New Girl crossover, that was a lot of fun.

Still catching up , the bachelor/bachelorette parties episode was so good.

Just the right amount of Die Hard references.

Seriously great episode. Might be my favorite of the series.

So glad it’s not cancelled!

I just watched yesterday’s finale. Great ending. Even if the show had been cancelled, that would have been a perfect place to end it.

Yeah really good season finale, and Holt just leaving us all hanging like that!

BTW, my local Fox affiliate just completely butchered the last part of the season finale with ads, starting at the moment that Hitchcock and Scully get back and start saying what they were off doing, and the next thing you see is the actual wedding ceremony in progress and Holt talking.

I’m so sorry. That sucks.

Well, that’s what Usenet binary groups are for… ;-)