Brooklyn Nine Nine

That might be the only thing Usenet is for any more. :D

Amen brother.

“You’re a muscler. I’m a boner.”

-xtien

This is this character’s face, like, all the time.

She’s funny, everyone on the show is funny, but I get tired of that particular expression.

How far along are you? Amy’s progression through the series is good and I don’t have recent memories of her looking like that all the time.

Honestly I’m surprised you’d single her out rather than Jake since he’s always making faces. :P

All right, at around “The Return of the Pontiac Bandit” the show is finally hitting its stride. It’s a great ensemble comedy where every character is equally well realized and legitimately funny in their own way. It’s very balanced in that regard. There are exactly zero filler characters.

Robes!

We really bounced off of the pilot of this one. But due to overwhelming requests to watch it, and the fact that it was created by Dan Goor and Michael Schur, we started watching again.

The show is best when it is incorporating all of the characters, which the pilot isn’t great at. I understand their choice to go very Samberg heavy on the pilot, due to the star power there, but so far, it is the excellent supporting cast that makes the show fun to watch. The stuff with Samberg is great too, but it is best when it is the “A plot” to a funny “B plot” involving the others.

Anyway, got through 3 episodes, and committed to watch more. Hoping it continues to get better. Parks and Rec’s first season was a bit rough at the start too.

OH you’re in the worst part of it. It gets a billion times better. Not Parks and Rec good, but REALLY close.

Yeah, this is why we are watching, on the overwhelming recommendation of people both online and in person (family members)

Ahh the Pontiac Bandit, one of the best guest characters on the show.

Its sad to see how awesome he is on this and yet was so horrible on his own show Ghosted.

The Ghosted pilot is one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen.

I think I read elsewhere on Qt3 that it’s coming back for Season 2, but with a revamped writing staff maybe, so they want another try at bat. Because of the actors involved, I’m willing to give them a do-over.

Edit: Hmmm, can’t find that from a google search. So maybe not?

The first season still hasn’t aired all the episodes, its just crazy! How does it take almost a year to show 13 episodes?
But yes it will be back but no confirmation of a season 2, I reallllllly doubt it.

We’ve really been enjoying Ghosted because it’s so stupid. Scott and Robinson have great chemistry.

This is us as well, it’s a really fun show. I wish it was doing better, but I do like the “feel” of the show (just a touch more like Parks and Rec/Office in that it’s not a slapstick now and there is agency between episodes; in fact, a full on episodic story arc now).

Most of the reviews I have read on this show have said that the only reason they keep watching is because there is enough good stuff between these 2 to keep them going.

I just binged the entirety of B-99 between its cancellation date and tonight.

Holy goddamn fuck that was really good.

And they hit some really touching moments. The police prejudice and bi-coming-out episodes were both excellently done in particular, but damn if the show didn’t make me care about just about everyone in it and the group as a whole (family).

I still really kinda hate Andy Samberg, though. To the point of watching the show almost in spite of him. That might literally be the first time I’ve made it through that particular situation.

His annoying qualities are, thankfully, super outshined by Crews and Braugher, thank God.

Yep. I actually kiiiiinda hope that with the Peralta-Santiago storyline “resolved” now, we might see even more focus on other characters this coming season. I really missed Gina when she was gone in the last year.

Oh God yes. Those episodes with that Gina-shapped hole were just a bit rough.

Six more episodes you say? YES!