Brooklyn Nine Nine

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Dammit, though.

You’re telling me… I’m pretty shook up :(

Disappointed, but not surprised. I’m actually happy it got as many episodes as it did, since it seemed in danger of cancellation every year.

I know this article is wired to snare clicks from people exactly like me, but I don’t care, I need to hope.

Well, if this is the end, at least it’s going out on a high note. Jake and Amy will get married, presumably, since we’ve already had the bachelor party, and this season has had so much Jake and Holt, it’s been deeply satisfying. I couldn’t have asked for a better sendoff.

I’m looking forward to the last two episodes coming up.

I watched the first five episodes of season one and … I mean, it’s … OK? Mostly chuckle worthy, I maybe laughed hard at two things in those five episodes?

Does it get more funnerier in later seasons, or something?

Yes. Very much so.

It reminded me of how Parks and Rec was for me, I started to really enjoyed with season 2.

A lot of good comedies require a commitment to learn the characters before everything starts clicking

And that goes double for the writers and cast!

Uh, this might be big news.

Confirmed!!!

Holy shit!

TBH, B99 has always felt like it belonged on NBC. Michael Schur’s shows feel at home there.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh so great to hear! I mean, come on. It’s a great sitcom with an incredible cast.

https://goo.gl/images/R4LNu5

Heh. I forgot that NBC actually owns B99.

So the chain of events:

1. FOX makes Brooklyn 99 it’s last half hour comedy renewal, tentatively.
  2. ABC confirms it is canceling Last Man Standing, a FOX-produced show.
  3. FOX is able to get its show back pretty easily, and uncancels it and adds it to the schedule, bumping Brooklyn 99.
  4. NBC owns Brooklyn 99 and steps in happily to snag it.