Brrrrr Cold Waters

Nicely done JP. You can be a real tiger when you want to. :)

I hope I don’t look like a horrible person there. Hard to hold back sometimes.

Hell no. You go girl!

Bashing down entitled Veruca Salt-wannabes is god’s work.

Killerfish Games has deserved every dollar I’ve paid so far for their games (Atlantic and Pacific Fleet on PC and Android!), although I am going to admit I’m waiting for Cold Waters to hit $30 or less before I bite.

The walleye?

I’ll second the motion - YGG!

He came back with something like, “Well, you see, the game is actually only worth $20 so we should be getting more for free,” but deleted his idiotic comment.

RISE

“Led Dev” of Cold Waters now working for Undead MicroProse.

Killerfish Games still around?

I am not happy about this zombie MicroProse.

Yes2435

Red Storm Rising redux? Please?

Oh but I am. They’re looking like they truly care and know what made old Microprobe great. Perhaps some of that magic can return with the name…

I hope to god you’re right. They’re my favorite gaming studio ever, and I miss them every day. If they were able to recapture even SOME of that old magic I’d be elated, but right now I’m in a wait and see while being a grumpy Gus about it mode.

Follow-up here:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There’s a daily sale ($9) on this from Steam. Lowest it’s been.

No mid-mission save. Fuck it.

It’s really not that bad. I was able to handle it.

I picked this up on the sale. This screen popped up a day after a SEAL insertion in Arkangelsk. Note text in grey box on bottom left…

Question for folks who know more about Cold War doctrine… were the SEALs and Green Berets who would have operated deep in the USSR considered disposable? Or were there plans to extract them if WWIII didn’t escalate to full nuclear armageddon? In a ‘real’ game would my sub have loitered to retrieve the SEAL team I had dropped off?

I like the game, but for some reason I’m doing much better in my first 1960s campaign than in any of the 1980s campaigns I’ve tried.

Thank you. I’d had my eye on this one for awhile but that’s absolutely a deal breaker.

Right? This isn’t the 80s or 90s when we had gobs of time due to fewer games existing.