BSG 36 - A Friend in Need... maybe

At about 2 today my wife commented on how I had a lot more time to focus on work than normal and I had been out of my work space to help with various things six times already.

This is a real special thing going on.

I feel this so much.

Seelix hid it well, but the signs were all there. She was tough, but not invincible. The flight deck was tight knit and feisty, and they had taken to a tradition of settling disputes through sheer tenacity. Play chicken and see who blinks.

Usually this resulted in some yelling, chest bumping, and some shared moonshine when the dust cleared. But there was the odd broken nose, sprained arm, and one memorable occasion a sprained coccyx with a notable boot tread pattern.

Well today was her day to be called to the carpet. Not for any failure, other than general high tensions. And given the state of things, it was an open question of if anyone could intervene. Sure the pilots had her back, but they were busy with the whole ‘not dying’ thing. So they called over comms to support, but it was potentially not enough.

So when the wrench came out, everyone took notice. Seelix stood her ground, and watched as the angry deck hand started to pound the table with spittle flying…

To select option ‘Seelix punched him square in the nose, put him in a headlock, and offered him a beer’ please play a Declare Emergency or use an OPG
@rowe33 @Knightsaber @Snebmi @Perky_Goth

To select ‘Seelix tells Doc, sure my hand is broken, but so s his arm’
do nothing

Skill cards:

Tactics 0QT, 1LS,1LS,2LS,2LS,2G&I
Politics 1CP
+9
Leadership 2XO
Engineering 1R

@Jorn_Weines you may use Quick Thinking to remove a card (removing either negative puts it in DE range)

WFH isn’t heaven on Earth.

Just glad you’re all still physically OK.

That’s a lot of crap cards

I feel you guys. I’ve been doing a LOT of the parenting work the past two months while my wife has been teaching her HS students online. I’ve been mostly ok with it because we’re done with our 2019 audit and my job hasn’t been really that stressful. Company’s doing well, layoffs aren’t being threatened, etc.

Hopefully you can somehow talk to her, Craig, figure out a way for her to contribute more since she’s not working. Obviously a delicate situation, hope you’re able to work it out.

Game-wise, would be GREAT if we could within DE range.

All 4 Cylons trying their best not to help too much, but not to give themselves away.

Cannot or will not play anything.

Edit: I cannot or will not play anything.

Yes, going to declare it then.

@Jorn_Weines use quick thinking and @rowe33 will use DE to pass the check.

Just to minimize back and forth

Or ‘was away from Qt3 for over an hour’.

What?

Translation!

Snebmi: I can’t or won’t play anything.

KS: Oh, thought you meant all of us.

I’m going to play a DE once Jorn does QT so we’re all good.

That was my issue. I wasn’t here.

It’s all handled anyway.

What?

I get it now, thanks.

Since Jorn is on Viking time, it will be a bit.

I just started rolling. There is a lot of dice to roll.

For Perky!

Snebmi moved on this thread like a bitch - what the hell, no one playing anything. Shit’s getting real.

KS was like, wtf, I had shit to do. Those oranges ain’t gonna pick themselves, you know? Got to pay off Ol’ Nook.

I stepped in, like an arbitrator between the Minnesota PD and the rest of humanity right now. Slow your roll, everyone - here’s what’s going down.

Everyone did some socially distant non-handshakes and the galaxy was at peace. Then Perky arrived, tweeting about looters and shooters and now it’s all gone to hell again.

And now Craig’s rolling some dice.

This recap may have been slightly influenced by my live feed of the San Jose protests right now as I get dinner ready.

I’ll have you know I already paid off Tom Nook.

I will grab the XO and file it under “for future use”.

I’m away for the extended weekend and forgot my charger, so I’ll not be online much.

Crisis averted, I found my charger.

Ok, XO given to @Jorn_Weines

DE played by @rowe33

Standing order(s) from player(s) holding EM(s) readied, and it is a good thing because…

Ran to the still open FLGS to get more dice? :)