BSG 36 - A Friend in Need... maybe

Oh right. About that.

Starting with… @Perky_Goth

Well hey, this one sure would be nice to pass!

Eng 3 SR on the check to make Eng positive

Forgot to check the thread for a bit, but I’m guessing most people weren’t here either.

Sorry, 0 cards

@Snebmi

Someone should have let me shoot.

1 card @Jorn_Weines

Nothing @Lantz

0 cards @rowe33

2 cards for me.

@soondifferent

I don’t think you can fit both of those through the bars!

Ah crap, 1 card then!

1 card @Knightsaber

2 cards

@CraigM

I’m making a note here, don’t trust Six again.

I was just dealt cards this way.

Whoops hi.

It is true, things have gone ill, but what cause say you that I have gone mad? That I have taken leave of my mind? No, I have done nothing of the sort. I am perfectly sane. My hearing grows better even now, for I hear the sweet melody throughout the ship.

What, you say you do not hear it? Why it is everywhere! In the Bulkheads, the passages, it permeates the very ship. Nay, the fabric of the cosmos.

What notes? C#, C#, C#, C#, C# minor, C,D,A,F of course. Do you not hear that haunting melody? That melancholic call? Yes the song made it quite clear to me what needs to be done.

Those red lights, they pulse. Seeing all, revealing nothing. It was those I hated most. And yet I loved their cold cruelty. Out in the darkness I could see them in glimpses and snatches, pulsing through the stars. I had no reason to fear or hate them, I was not a pilot and I could trust those that were. And yet I could not let go their haunting gaze. The sweeping music, I could swear they must hear it too, for in the refrain when it came again, I swear one stared straight at me. Then the visitor came. Her penumbra outlined by brilliant golden strands. I could not see the face, but invited her in. Urgent business she had, speak to the hybrid.

I had not expected visitors, but someone must have noticed my lonely job and come to help. As a poor human technician assigned to studying the hybrids on this defector, my task was a lonely one. So I invited her in. Whats this, musical notes? Surely she knew! How could she not, these were the song indeed.

So I did it. I entered those commands. And yet the music did not stop, the din grew louder! I paced around the room, perplexed. Why did it not stop? Then I looked again at the instructions, given to the hybrids, the very power to rewrite the fabric of fate in the cosmos.

I had done it, I had unleashed the final destruction of humanity.I am the final Cylon.

Final transmission from technician 2nd grade Ed P. Allen from aboard the defector Basestar Raven, to colonial forces.

Skill cards:

Engineering 1R,2R,6BN
+9
Piloting 2EM
Treachery 0B,0DC,2SD

Total *+5, fail.

Bait places a civvie in 1, DC places 2 raiders in 7-8, -2 morale.

Raiders activate. Raiders destroy civvies in 5.

-1 pop, -1pop 1 fuel.
Raiders in 1 destroy new civvie there.
-2 pop

GAME

But it gets worse.

13 Raiders attack Galactica, 2 hits. Armory and Command.

On @Perky_Goth’s turn, the trauma token would execute Starbuck. The next crisis was raider activation with no jump prep.

Cylons win

Here you go.

Started with these:

image image

Was given these later:

image image

Yeah, not really surprising. I drew a lot of piloting last round to try and and get those cards that let me launch a lot of ships, but I got a bunch of EMs and 5MF, 4MF, 6BotB. Yeah, OK, I could cover a bit when the Cylons join and save it with an XO, it could even be better.
The XO never came, and never did respite. The end.

But I did screw up that thing with the CFB, I need to code a simulator so I don’t forget how it goes :)

I’m sad/not sad about not getting to the Crossroads. I probably would have been boxed.