Buckaroo Banzai

I was idly flipping through some fan sites, just for the hell of it (an urge to hear the closing theme had hit me from the blue), when it occured to me: this is one of the very few movies that I love. Sincerely, earnestly love.

I want another Buckaroo Banzai movie. :(

It’ll probably never happen. But if it helps, don’t forget that wherever you go, there you are.

Yes, many of us would love to see Buckaroo take on the World Crime League, but it won’t ever happen. But the closest you’ll come to that is renting Big Trouble in Little China, which was written by W.D. Richter who directed Buckaroo.

I love Buckaroo Banzai. I have an unopened VHS tape of the movie. I don’t know if it worth anything, but I don’t care. It’s for me.

“History is-a made at night! Character is what you are in the dark!”

I’ll probably be stoned for saying this, but I thought BB was just okay. Not awful, not great, certainly not a genius-level classic. Big Trouble in Little China was far better, IMO.

It’s one of my favorite movies along with Princess’s Bride.

After the DVD sold like gangbusters, the director/producers tried to get a series off the ground. But that got killed during preproduction a year or two ago because the network didnt want a 2 hour pilot movie.

Aargh. Wish I’d never known there was a potential series. Let me guess - Fox was the one who killed it?

Where are we going?

Planet Ten!

When are we going?

Real soon!

Albert, could you please post “When are we going” twice for me? Thanks in advance.

Hey, I only meant to post it twice, not three times! Bloody time-outs.

Laugh-a while you can, monkey boy!

Hey man whats in the big pink box?

“What’s that watermelon doing there?”

Let’s not forget the time Team Banzai fought a desperate rear-guard action so that Bradley’s Bravos could make it to the extraction point.

Those guys were so not qualified to be the 3rd Battalion of the Kell Hounds.

Yay, another Battletech fan!

I’ll tell you later.

Used to be.

I boxed up and ebayed all my Battletech novels a year or so ago. I had all of the novels up the Clan invasion (yes, including the Sword and the Dagger!)

When the post-Clan invasion novels started, I think I the authors got worse, there were too many books, and the main Stackpole thread just got so byzantine and ridiculous that I just didn’t keep up.

Plus I got older. That might explain that too.