Buffy the Vampire Slayer

“How many warriors slated for the upcoming apocalypse do you think are using that hair gel?”

heh : )

I just finished “Angel” season 3. I liked it up till the last 3-4 eps, which really went downhill, esp. with the Connor/Angel relationship. I’ve heard Season 4 is more of the same or worse, but that 5 is way better.

The big question is, does season 5 make any sense without watching season 4? I really think I’d just rather not watch season 5 if I have to sit through a whole season of Connor first.

As truly awful as most of season 4 is, sadly you do need so slug through it to get more backstory that will come up in season 5.

Connor just took the life out of that show. I don’t know what they were thinking.

Season 4 is worth it just for Wesley stuff, plus some great episodes in the middle with certain guest stars.

I never had a problem with Connor but I also assumed that we weren’t supposed to like him. Vincent Kartheiser is exceptional at playing that type of role.

I just started season 5 of Angel and look who shows up, Jack Hodgkins from Bones(For the unaware, Angel/David BorSomething is one of the leads.)

And whoever said in some thread here about Bones exposing herself, not hardly enough to warrant watching it.

Mostly, though I’m biased in that Wesley is my favorite Buffy/Angel character evar.

Also, Spin the Bottle is the best episode of the season. ^_^

No biases involved when you are speaking simple facts.

I thought so too.

“nobody touch my arms!”

Hahaha!

Angel: Demons…there are demons out there…
Wesley: What type of demons, would you say?
Angel: Shiny.

Gunn: What happened to you, man?
Wesley: I had my throat cut and all my friends abandoned me.

Lorne: [after the show has returned from commercial break] Well, those were some exciting products, am I right? Let’s all think about buying some of those.

Fred: I’m ready. I’m okay. Be cooler if we could score some weed, though.

Lord I love that episode. Now I kinda wanna watch it right now.

*checks pant legs"

“Oh Spike, you’re the Big Bad!”

Man, this Buffy SexBot thing is making me uncomfortable.

edit - ok, ending of that episode made up for it.

Buffy S5 finale was awesome and infinite times better than Angel S2 finale, which I mostly slept through (or it feels that way).

But man, watching Buffy S6 premiere is almost physically painful (only 13 minutes in so far, but had to go and write about it here, to…stop it at least for a while).

Yes, except for a few episodes, season six sinks into pretty low depths. Season 7 is better, but never rises up to the awesomeness of Buffy Seasons 1-5.

Truly. I think Buffy could’ve ended perfectly after season 5. Sure, if we hadn’t gotten a sixth season we’d never have gotten Once More, With Feeling, but still, much of that season is a giant festering turd.

You are not making me exactly enthused : /.

But still, at least there is Buffy and Spike in there…
Compared to Angel, where I only kind of like Angel and don’t really care about the rest, so watching it is not as entertaining as I hoped.

Indeed.

Also, The Body is the best episode!

My three favourites are Hush, Restless and The Body, all three equally best.

And all three written and directed by Wheddon, of course.

The Body may have been the most emotional TV series moment I’ve had