Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Agreed, it’s probably my favorite episode of the entire series. Just so. Amazing.

Alright, reading this thread compelled me to watch The Body again, and damn if I didn’t softly weep like a little girl throughout the entire episode.

Yeah, I usually skip it when I run through the DVDs again. It’s just too traumatizing to subject myself to very often.

Season 6 is pretty brutal. OMWF is good, and I really like the episode where we learn Buffy’s in a loony bin, but I have trouble motivating myself to rewatch those DVDs.

I would rather watch Buffy S6 twice than Angel S4 once

Truer words have rarely been spoken.

I honestly don’t blame you on that one. This was only my second viewing of the ep, and it hit me as hard as the first.

Just seen Once more, With Feeling.

Oh man.
There really isn’t anything more to say other than I now have 4 favourite episodes.

I finished watching 5 minutes ago and I am already listening to “I’ve got a theory, Bunnies, if we’re together”.

It would be awesome if Whedon could write every single episode, if of course that would be humanly possible : ).

Oh and Tara is really good singer. Not that they all aren’t.

btw you are not making me happy about Angel. Even now I always look forward to Buffy when watching Angel, and it is supposed to get even worse ? : /

(I do like Angel, just not as much as Buffy by far).

For me Season Six of Buffy is where I started like Angel better. I was alternating disc by disc at that point and I reached a point a little over halfway through Buffy S6 where I just stopped and watched all of Angel S3. Finishing S6 of Buffy was a chore (though the last four episodes were pretty good as I recall).

Don’t worry, only Angel’s fourth season is the bad one, the rest are pretty good.

Well there are only two more seasons of Angel to go, and one of them is bad : ).
Ok, two and a 3/4. And gotta say, season 3 seems very good so far.

In other news, I have just seen Buffy S6E8 Tabula Rasa, and that was also very good episode. So far I like S6 a lot, except for the beginning of E1 and the “trio” villains in the first few episodes.

“A vampire with a soul? Oh my god, how lame is that?”

Sorry to tell ya this, but Tabula Rasa is really the last good episode of Buffy season six until the last three, which thankfully redeem the whole season, I think. You can see the moment in Tabula Rasa – where everyone gets their memory back – where the fun ends and the angsty shit begins. Sigh.

Bah maybe I’ll like angsty shit : ).

heh.Anyway, off to watch Angel S3E9.

I gotta finish these two shows (and the season 8 comics) so that I can resume my life, as well as gaming (in the middle of Batman, Resi 5 and Risen) again, dammit : ).

The show I loved pretty much ended with Tabula Rasa.

No…no…you really won’t…>_<

Not a bad way to put it, honestly. Season 7 isn’t bad, but it doesn’t match seasons 1-5 at all.

Season 7 isn’t bad, it’s terrible.

Well I don’t know about you, but I liked angsty shit in S6E9 Smashed : ).

If you are still enjoying it after Doublemeat Palace then you should be golden.

I’m in the camp* of people who are just fine with seasons 6 and 7. There’s nothing in those seasons that irritated me half as much as Riley, Adam and The Initiative, which is (for me) easily the worst part the entire show.

• It’s a small camp. Just a couple of tents.

Riley iritated me a little, Initiative and Adam not that much.
But so far my favourite seasons would be…
no idea.I think first one was the weakest, but even that had stuff I liked a lot and would probably like now even more with second viewing. Second was just great all around especially with its epic ending and the Innocence episode, third…well Faith was entertaining, but I don’t remember much memorable stuff, fourth…I liked college stuff and some of the best episodes are there, fifth…probably my favourite as far as main arc goes, plus again, the ending was epic (and the song “sacrifice” is incredible).
I like sixth so far, except for a few niggles. Angst shit in Smashed and Wrecked was “fun”, so far. What I like the most is interaction between Spike and Buffy…no matter how angsty shitty and soapoperaic it gets, I just love it : ).

And Gone, another great episode that had me laughing hysterically at one point (Spike “excercising”) and that I enjoyed thoroughly.That is first half of the season being very good : ).