Building a deck of deckbuilders

I believe the Steam Summer Sale begins next week.

It’s the “Game Festival: Summer Edition”

Right. I get what you’re talking about now, but it’s not a frequently recurring long running event that everyone looks forward to, unlike the Steam Summer Sale, so I think actually naming it would have led to less confusion. Not a big deal.

I might have missed this but have anyone tried this yet? Last Regiment

Edit. I somehow quote Misguided and I didn’t mean to. Don’t know how to get rid of that. Sorry.
Also how do I display steam games all fancy like?

Oh, that’s the one DasTactic really likes. I didn’t realize it had launched!

No sweat, I get notified on all posts anyway, since I started the thread. And thanks, hadn’t heard of that one.

That Arcanium demo is slick. Haven’t been able to play Hellcard

So, DungeonTop is now out in EA and has a ton of positive reviews already. This is the Spire like card game that has tabletop battles included. Looks great and like another must buy for me. It’s also got a decent 25% off for the next week.

I found another card game that is going into early accces called Banners of Ruin.
Goblinz Studio released Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Master as well.

Sweet, thanks for that one. Just to clarify, the dev is MonteBearo

Anyone have any experience with this?

Looks kinda neat, but still in early access.

Also on sale:

I was looking through Steam DB for Card Battlers and noticed that this recently release games have the 4th highest score %.

I didn’t expect it was a hentai Slay the Spire. Some pictures for the game are NSFW.
The reviews look good though. Anyone brave enough to try?

Edit: This is the SteamDB sales filter I used

Don’t think I need jiggle physics in a game like this, personally.

Wow, someone else with the hobby of searching the card battler tag on Steam. Have you picked up Chrono Ark? I’m on the fence as it’s an EA title.

I haven’t tried it mainly because of 2 points.

1. I usually don’t do EA titles unless it’s going to full release within the week.

2. I find anime games and games with Waifus on the thumbnails tend to have their ratings exaggerated quite a bit. I’m usually extra wary with those games.

Please try it and let me know what you think of the game, haha. I also search for +Card Games on steam too, some nice stuff on that too.

If there was a PG version I might’ve been tempted to buy the game. I wonder if the XXXness of the game will actually help sales.

Going by the description, it’s pretty much the entire hook of the game, so not sure how they would do that without a complete overhaul. If they covered up the naughty bits it would still qualify for the rating, I think.

I’d say Chrono Ark is an easy recommend in its current sate. For $14 I find it a great coffee break game.

A quick summary:
It is a deckbuilder - you recruit two characters at the beginning of your run - these will seed your deck with abilities and cards specific to that character, as you level up.

The battles play sort of like a combination of a DRPG and Trials of Fire. You draw from a shared deck made up of your characters cards, as well as a very small pool (you start with 1) of neutral draw cards. Each turn, a character can play one card at-cost, then any additional cards played by that character cost an additional mana to play. The characters have different roles and sub-archetypes to build within that role. For example, Joey is a healer class, but can also be specced (by choosing new cards during level-ups) to perform powerful debuffs and buffs.

Another interesting mechanic i’m still learning the use of is card fixing. You can take almost any card, and fix it, making it available at all times, once per turn, regardless if you draw it or not. This comes at the cost of +1 mana when used. I’m sure you can think of how this would greatly accelerate a deck if you’ve played Magic or almost any card game of that variety.

This has a decent amount of meat on its bones with somewhere in the upper teens in terms of numbers of characters, with each character playing wildly differently. As you complete combat encounters you gain points that can be spent to level up a character and gain new cards, or gain draw cards/mana regen, each of this things with varying costs as you progress.

I’ve played maybe four, but found the two I’m learning and sticking with that right now because I’m enjoying progressing further as I learn to build them well (I play Miss Chain, the chainsaw wielding bikini babe, and Joey, the misanthropic gas mask wearing chemical warfare child prodigy).

Theres quite a bit more to this game like the inventory and equipment system, but I’ll just cut to the chase and say its a solid recommend for card game fans or fans of anything relatively within the realm of Slay the Spire or Trials of Fire, but it is probably a big bonus if you look at the screenshots of the anime characters and say “Yes, I like this.”

Thanks SweetJP for making it hard to break my no EA rule :-/ :)

This just went to full release and the reviews look good.