Building the smallest possible PC with a full-size GPU

Built it up, no hitches.

This case really is a marvel – it is exactly right for a full sized GPU, SFX PSU, and mini-itx mobo. Just enough space to work in without it being a knuckle-busting pain. And so nicely thought through in every detail. Even the manual is IKEA level clear!

For such a small case it is surprisingly clean inside even with a rushed build like mine where I spent almost no time obsessing over cable cleanup. The split brain “GPU side” and “mobo and PSU side” design works well, and we’re on V2 so the initial problems have been ironed out. It has bays for two 2.5" drives as well (one on the bottom, one on the front), but I used the single M.2 SSD slot on the back of the mobo – not visible in the pics, obviously.

My only minor complaint, and it is very minor, is that it would be better to find a SFX power supply with shorter cables, there’s a fair bit of smushing excess PSU cables under the PSU there. Plus I went ahead and wired up the second 6-pin power connector even though the 1070 Ti I put in there, doesn’t need it, as well as the SATA power connectors too. I figured better to keep those extra PSU connectors in the machine just in case, I’ll lose them if they float around my office.

The DAN A4-SFX case is a definite buy, if the smallest possible build that can still use a two slot full size GPU is the sort of thing that is your bag, baby!