Bush cracks a "Funny"

I know Bush’s recent visit to Canada isn’t very newsworthy outside of the Great White North, but the news coverage up here really gave me some insight as to why W. is so popular with so many Americans.

Bush and Martin were answering questions in the obiligatory news conference, and Bush took the opportunity to thank the people who came out to welcome him at Ottawa International Airport.

He said he really appreciated all the people that came out to wave… "with all five fingers anyway:.

My wife and I just looked at each other and had such a great laugh. What a genuinely funny moment. I immediately loved this guy. Scarily enough I felt oddly bonded to this affable, plain speaking cowboy of a fellow.

Now I have actually felt the love that many Americans have for their Commander in Chief.

Then of course I woke up and was reminded of some of the bad things that his administration has done. Then I felt sad and dirty.

:(

See, I would find it funny if I didn’t have this feeling that they had gone over this joke 400 times beforehand just to get it right.

His laugh, which has always been grating, was totally nutso after he told that one. Slo-mo beavis and butthead.

hehuh. hehuh. heheh. hehuh. hehuh. Slap him on the back before he chokes… .WAIT, LEAVE HIM BE. He doesnt need air, he can breathe jesus.

Re: Bush: Barf

Sounds like his cabinet shake-ups have trickled down to his writers.

Is it bad that he managed an intentional laugh? I’m lost here.

Scarily enough I felt oddly bonded to this affable, plain speaking cowboy of a fellow.

As has been said, this is a completely manufactured image. Bush is a northeastern Yale educated rich boy. He is plain speaking in the sense that he has no respect for people to tell them the truth. Videos from his younger years paint him as callous and rude. Now he is both callous and rude, but he is taught to hide it.

Oh, I do realize this. I assure you it was a very fleeting feeling. :D . Just enough to show a little empathy, a little glimpse so to speak, as to why so many adore him,

I can’t comprehend why people adore him; he acts like a dimwit. Oh, well. This too shall pass.

It doesn’t help that the joke is hypocritical in that it tries to paint the President as a leader who bravely continues to make himself accessible to those that would give him the finger, while in reality people who show even the slightest signs of disagreement are kept far away and out of sight at any public outing.

Scarily enough I felt oddly bonded to this affable, plain speaking cowboy of a fellow.

He’s surprisingly good at coming across as an ordinary Joe. I think his awkward public speaking help him.

Of course he’s anything but that. He’s a prince, a child of the highest privilege, and has no idea how ordinary people live.

And “your” candidate, Kerry, had a better idea how the “normal” people live? LOL!

Face it girls, your liberal weenie leanings are out of style with the voters, and until you all come down to earth with the rest of us, the most you can hope for is to come here and preach to the choir.

Jeez, you guys really kill me-keep it up! :lol:

You’re a moron.

You’re a moron.[/quote]

I’m rubber, and you’re glue, everything you say bounces off me, and sticks to you!

:P

And “your” candidate, Kerry, had a better idea how the “normal” people live? LOL!

That has nothing to do with anything. Congratulations on using the “well person X is doing it as well!” defense

Favorite rejoinder of the dimmest posters on QT3.

Right or wrong, you just answered your own question.

Right or wrong, you just answered your own question.[/quote]

I do hope those posts were in jest and people don’t really believe he’s popular because he’s “a dimwit”.

We’re trying. Have someone let us know when you are finally dead.

As for stupid voters loving dimwits, yes. Fatties and stupids loves them some dimwit jesusfuckers.

You can’t say jesusfuckers. That’s like, immoral and shit.