Bush questions CBS documents

If only he was so inquisitive about intel on Iraq.

I think Kerry should publicly disavow the documents, saying something like “I don’t know for certain that these documents are forgeries, but I think it would be a mistake for anyone to judge George Bush’s National Guard service on the basis of these documents.”

More than Bush did for the Swift Boat Vets for Lies, plus still leaves plenty of room for criticism of GWB’s wartime shirking.

Of course, the time in which Kerry could do this effectively is fading fast.

It’s a story that’s dirty. Kerry would be wise just to stay out of it unless forced into it. Bad enough that a veteran has been run over the coals for his wartime duty and had to defend it; better that he not be forced to do the same for someone else’s service. No matter how clever he is in covering up his contempt for Bush’s NG time, it will still come off as petty.

Kerry has nothing to do with it, to disavow would be to be connected to. Which I hope he hasn’t been by the majority.

Fox News is trying to connect him to it

By that rationale, Bush should not have said anything about the Swiftboat Veterans for Lies, including what he eventually did in decrying their ads, since he wasn’t actually involved with them in any way.

Except Bush has skeletons, real actual ones, in his closet about Vietnam. That plus the history of his campaign maneuvers, which even his strongest supporters acknowledge in the backs of their minds, made it absolutely necessary he publicly separate himself from them.

Kerry, on the other hand, only risks tarnishing one of his sole unquestionable strong points. The more he talks about it, the more people realize that the man who “reported for duty” at the Democratic Convention (goddamn that was lame. what was he thinking?) is radically different from the war hero of days gone by.

Did he eventually decry the ads? He only said the 527s should stop; as far as I know, he never specifically mentioned the Swiftboat ads.

Did he eventually decry the ads? He only said the 527s should stop; as far as I know, he never specifically mentioned the Swiftboat ads.[/quote]

Bush never condemned the content of the Swift Boat ads, he just said that 527’s should be shut down.

Ahh, true that. According to this article at MSNBC, he said “That means that ad, every other ad”. My mistake, I thought he had been more direct about the SBV ads specifically. :oops:

So, when he said “that ad”, which ad was he referring to then?

Maybe Kerry should make some reference to “that document”, without specifically stating which one…even though everyone will know exactly what he’s talking about.

Ahh, true that. According to this article at MSNBC, he said “That means that ad, every other ad”. My mistake, I thought he had been more direct about the SBV ads specifically. :oops:[/quote]

Which, you know, is what he was hoping you would think.

Because after all, we wouldn’t want to allow unapproved political speech by unofficial sources, would we? Being able to broadcast political opinions without government approval is just… un-American!

Now now, fellas. Someone responding to a direct question certainly has the option to use contextual words without specifying every single noun directly. I don’t much care for Bush but you guys keep motivating me to defend common use of the English language here…

Bush’s use of the language is only common in certain demographics and certain lengths of buses.

Now now, fellas. Someone responding to a direct question certainly has the option to use contextual words without specifying every single noun directly. I don’t much care for Bush but you guys keep motivating me to defend common use of the English language here…[/quote]

do you think stalin was bad?

“i think all russians are bad, that one, all of them.”

internet tip: use stalin instead of hitler to get around the ‘hitler mention shuts down the thread’ rule :D