Bush vs. Nixon - fight!

http://www.tinyrevolution.com/mt/archives/000682.html

So, I’ve helpfully graphed both Bush’s approval rating and disapproval rating against Nixon’s. Note Bush still has about a year to go before he gets to the point in Nixon’s presidency when Nixon resigned.

Geez, I didn’t know it was that bad.

Another YEAR? Groan…

There is a huge difference between Bush and Nixon:

Nixon was in charge, Bush is not.

Bush is just a figurehead with little say over this huge Neocon machine running underneath him. Having Bush resign would have very little impact on the administration, as Cheney would just step up to the plate and the machinations would still be in control.

In order for anything to change, the entire house must be cleared out and fumigated.

So, in some ways, getting indicments and throwing these underlings in jail is actually more effective than a resignation of the president himself.

I think you overestimate the height of the ‘neocon’ influence and especially have little understanding how much their stock dropped in the post-invasion reconstruction debacle. I swear, you might as just start using the term ‘boogyman’.

No one at 19% approval is going to step up and take over anything.

Nixon would crush Bush btw. Bush isn’t even in Dick’s league.

[quote=“Linoleum”]

I think you overestimate the height of the ‘neocon’ influence and especially have little understanding how much their stock dropped in the post-invasion reconstruction debacle. I swear, you might as just start using the term ‘boogyman’.[/quote]

I’d like to see examples of what influence on the country or administration this supposed stock dropping has incurred.

You’re saying Dick wasn’t Bush league? Sorry, I just wanted to use those two names in the same sentence myself.

Is a Bush in hand better than a Dick? Or the other way? :roll:

It all depends on your preference of whom you’d rather find yourself screwed by.

Are you sure you’re not from San Francisco?

I think, if we had Dick today, and we showed Dick Bush, and the things Bush is on top of, Dick would be immediately into Bush, because Dick and Bush would probably come together on a lot of issues.

Winner.