Bush's Air National Guard Record

How Bush Got (and Lost) His Wings

No less biased (and doubtless based on as much hearsay) than the Swift Boat Veterans, but it does make a nice counterweight to that particular piece of trash.

“I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I choose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanesI don’t want to play like I was somebody out there marching when I wasn’t. It was either Canada or the service. Somebody said the Guard was looking for pilots. All I know is, there weren’t that many people trying to be pilots.”

Um wow…

At first blush, Bush didn’t seem to have much of a shot at landing one of those choice positions. First, he flunked his medical test. Then he flunked his dental exam. And finally, as Ian Williams reveals in Deserter, his merciless indictment of Bush’s disappearing act in the National Guard, he scores a rock-bottom 25 percent on his pilot aptitude examination. That’s one out of four correct answers, a ratio that is not even a credible mark in cluster-bombing class. To put this achievement in perspective, the average score of applicants taking the pilot aptitude test was 77 percent, a whopping fifty-two percentage points higher than the proud product of the Yale ancestral admissions program. More than 95 percent of the testers scored higher than Bush, the Ivy Leaguer.

I sure would love some independent confirmation of these facts. That right there could be a top Kerry campaign slogan.

Actually it won’t be a slogan for Kerry, because John McCain asked the Kerry Camp to condemn these ads just like he asked the Administration to condemn the Swiftvet attack ads.

Unlinke the Administration, however, Kerry and his campaign group have officially condemned the ads.

“I agree with Senator McCain that the ad is inappropriate,” Kerry said in a statement released by his campaign. “This should be a campaign of issues, not insults.”

Bush hasn’t condemned the ad, but a spokesman has said, I believe, that the Bush campaign will never question Kerry’s patriotism.

(Not officially, of course)

I heard a guy named Willie Horton worked for Bush’s unit… no proof, of course…

I totally heard that too.

I totally heard that too.[/quote]

I heard that Bush used to hang out with Charles Manson.

I totally heard that too.[/quote]

I heard that Bush used to hang out with Charles Manson.[/quote]

A spokesman has said, I believe, that the Bush campaign will never question Manson’s patriotism.

Kerry, on the other hand, was the 6th Beatle. Hell, he probably smoked pot!

“Bush’s unit”

huh huh huhuhuhuuhuhuh

Kerry wasn’t the 6th Beatle. But, he did write all the songs.