Buyer beware: bug when purchasing Games on Demand title using Microsoft Points

Earlier this week, Microsoft started a big sale for Games on Demand titles on Xbox Live. There was a bug that caused prices to be higher when paying with Microsoft Points. They supposedly fixed this, but today, a user on CAG reported that he purchased Orange Box and his checkout screen listed the game at normal price - he only noticed this after he confirmed the order - though he was actually charged the sale price.

I had a similar problem two days ago when I purchased El Shaddai for 240 MSP: my confirmation screen listed it at 240 Points, but my remaining balance was less than if I had actually been charged that amount - I was charged something like 480 MSP, which I think was the upscaled price when the bug was obvious earlier. In my transaction history, it says that I was charged the sale price of 240, so I don’t even know how I’d contact customer service about that.

Today’s 1-day sale prices are:
Fallout 3 - $4.99
Max Payne 3 - $14.99
Orange Box - $9.99
Left 4 Dead 2 - $9.99 (great deal since it seems to be $30+ elsewhere)
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD - $9.99
Metal Gear Peacewalker - $9.99
Civilization Revolutions

(continued) $9.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $9.99

I don’t think the prices are live yet, so if you buy any of these with Microsoft Points, be mindful about how much you have because you may be charged something completely different to what your confirmation screen says.

Tomorrow’s sale seems to be dedicated to fighting games.

(Sorry about the layout - the new forum is a nightmare to navigate on my tablet.)

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve bought two games through the sale so far.

How is Metal Gear Peacewalker supposed to be on the 360? I just heard the Qt3 podcast on Metal Gear this morning, and though Tom was gushing about the game (it was the first time I’d even heard of Peacewalker, was Tom’s mentioning of it), he was also saying it had a map feature that was only good on three platforms, and the 360 wasn’t one of them.

And also, after hearing all the praise again on Metal Gear Solid 3, maybe I should give it another shot. I was one of those that played all the way through MGS2, and I said “never again” would I ever waste my time on a Metal Gear game again. But hearing all the praise about the gameplay and now having this sale makes me reconsider… perhaps.

Anyone want to push me over the edge or hold me back?

I just confirmed by going into my billing history (and remembering how many points I had two weeks ago) that I wasn’t overcharged on any of the games. Phew. Glad I don’t have to go to Microsoft Customer Support. I hate them so much. They can never understand what I’m trying to say. It’s so frustrating.

Mgs3 is the best game of the bunch.