Buying bsg season 1 on tuesday

can’t wait. still, the question i want to ask the dvd makers is: why be a jerk?

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/spinsheet091405.html

All of the commentaries are fascinating and worth your time if you’re a fan of the show, and surprisingly all of the featurettes and the documentary are interesting as well (together the video features total over two hours in all, all of it full frame or letterboxed). So what’s disappointing you might ask? Well… first of all, the behind-the-scenes featurettes are the same ones that have been available for viewing on SciFi.com for months. That’s not bad in and of itself, but the thing is that four of the featurettes from the website were left out (specifically, Writing a Dark, Sexy, Political Sci-Fi Show, Women in Pivotal Roles, Like Father, Like Son and Director’s Cut are all missing). While we’re talking about things being left out, here’s my biggest complaint about this set: Save for the audio commentary, NONE of the extras that were included on the previous miniseries DVD release are here. Missing is the original 40-minute Battlestar Galactica: The Lowdown documentary that focused specifically on the miniseries (which many of you may recall featured Sackhoff and Dirk Benedict talking about the character of Starbuck). Missing also are all 20 minutes worth of deleted scenes from the miniseries. So if you want ALL of the extras that are available on DVD, you have to buy the miniseries twice. It’s little details like this - little omissions and oversights - that really make fans want to pull their hair out. Universal should have gone the extra mile and added another disc to this set (or just made Disc One, which contains the miniseries, double-sided like most copies of the previous DVD edition were in the first place).

sheesh. they couldn’t fit a few more featurettes in?i should have avoided reading the dvd reviews and just bought it straight out blind. i would have been happier not knowing even relatively minor stuff was left out.

I’m confused. So they give you the min-series, but none of the extra material that came on that disk originally? That is jerky.

And here I was, thinking that I was going to get screwed out of extra stuff because I bought the Best Buy UK special a couple months ago.

I was going to buy it but I will pass if they are going to pull stunts like this.