By the power of ̶ ̶G̶r̶a̶y̶s̶k̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶ Netflix, He-Man returns

New Netflix animated series, looks surprisingly decent.

It’s hard to tell from the frenetic animation, but it kind of looks like his head is sized appropriately for his weenie body, and when he bulks up it’s a bit too small.

Hell yeah! I’m in on this one! :)
I wonder if they’ll call back to She-Ra and The Princesses of Power.
whistles I need a hero…

Aww, apparently not.

“While most fans would love to see a He-Man and She-Ra shared universe on Netflix, unfortunately, this seems unlikely to happen.”

“Noelle Stevenson previously explained that He-Man would not be appearing alongside She-Ra, allowing her to become a hero in her own right. Further complicating matters, Smith’s show is a revival and not a reboot.”

This was a childhood favorite not only because I was the right age, but thanks to the tastefully named protagonist.

Yes. Fuck yes. Shit yes. All the yes. Fuck yes.

Some names for the voice actors, Mark Hamill, Alicia Silverstone, Sarah Michelle Geller, Henry Rollins, Kevin Conroy, Phil LaMarr, Lena Headey. It’s written by Kevin Smith.

I must admit, I always thought He-Man was about the lamest Saturday morning show I ever saw, but I did like the animation there seems solid. And I love the choice of music for the teaser.

Tragically seems to have, at best, 10% the levels of Brilliantly Gay Wholesome Goodness of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, but it does have substantially more BIGMUSCLE MANPUNCH going for it, so I’ll probably watch it, albeit with substantially less emotional investment and a LOT less ugly crying during the finale.

I really liked She-Ra, but the finale was a little too easy on most fronts and did not follow through with one character’s arc in the way it oh so obviously should have been. Was dissapointed after such a great series.

That’s a shockingly straight (by which I mean “faithful,” but the other sense might apply) adaptation, by the looks of it. Grander animation style, a little more violence, and otherwise the exact same characters and, seemingly, plot dynamics. I’m guessing it’ll be more story arc-based, we’ll see.

I dunno. She-Ra had the right approach–I’d much rather see a creative recombination of the pieces and parts of the original than just a fresh coat of paint. Was anything in He-Man actually cool if you weren’t precisely 8 years old at the time?

Also, the more I look at this, the more I’m shaking my head

Yeah, he has more of a 12-pack than a 6-pack there. Maybe even an 18-pack.

I was never too much of a fan of the original because I had actually gotten He-Man figures before the show started when they came with origin comics, and they changed all that stuff for the show. Originally He-Man was more of a Conan type and did not transform from Prince Adam, he was just this wandering barbarian that saved a sorceress and she gifted him bracers to give him super strength, or that’s how I remember it.

I never much cared for this show because even as a kid I realized it was really stupid.

I mean, it’s just–

I think you might be over thinking it. Did you spend 45 minutes making that? LOL

The questions just kept coming

Thanks for summarizing my thoughts.

That Skelator spell at the end remind me of Bayonetta.

https://i.imgur.com/3DHY8ix.jpeg

Hope trailer is a fake out, Skeletor is the spectacularly camp hero we deserve.