By the power of ̶ ̶G̶r̶a̶y̶s̶k̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶ Netflix, He-Man returns

I got chills watching this trailer. Mark Hamill as Skeletor? FUCK YES. I am SO IN

I got nothing against She Ra but these cartoons are courting different audiences. Give me roided up manly men and hot chicks in leotards with 80s music. Give it to me all day. Where’s Boris Vallejo to paint this shit?

I need a hero!

Interesting.

I’ll watch it.

Is it aimed at modern kids or former kids who used to watch it?

Both per Kevin Smith

It’s definitely a family-oriented show. The idea going in was we have to be able to show the characters both audiences can enjoy. The audience that grew up watching it, who are now like in their 40s or 50s, and their kids—who, presumably, they’re going to watch this show with.

Almost sounds more like Thundarr

That’s my fucking jam.

If you like the new He-Man, you are a cuck:

I was watching Kevin Smith’s podcast yesterday and he was bummed about people review bombing the show, so he said he talked to the guy at Netflix who was in charge of green lighting it. Apparently the guy says “Kevin, this is GREAT for the show! There are maybe 5,000 people who gave the show a bad score, but we have more than 200 million subscribers. You don’t think we green light this stuff based on Rotten Tomatoes’ user score, do you?”

So Smith says to the audience, go ahead and review bomb, it’s your right, but it’s not going to do what you want it to do.

He’s also been amused that after more than 20 years of filmmaking the thing that has gotten him his best review scores and will certainly be the most watched thing he’s ever made is He-Man.

Just makes me want them to reboot literally everything from the '80s and '90s as shit so queer it makes Chuck Tingle blush.

Ram-Man and Fisto are a good start, but we can do so much more!

🎵 Transformers! Put that meat inside! 🎵

incel gatekeepers everywhere, like when she-ra wasn’t hot enough for them

Well I though it was pretty decent. Not really as ‘adult’ as it’s rating pretends to be. Some great throwback writing in the first episode and it kept the fan service to, I thought, a tasteful amount in the first 20 minutes, which can be easily forgiven as serving as a re-introduction to the characters.

Other than that, the direction they took the world was interesting and overall it was well executed and pretty well written. Animation style was really nice. Teela, Andra and Evil-Lyn were all great, Man at Arms was also great, but not allowed to…outshine the main protagonist/s.

Which brings me to why this has so obviously been review bombed. All the main protagonists are female, All the men, He-Man included and in particular, are side-lined and this is Teela, Andra and Evil-Lyn’s journey. It’s the three female leads that need to band together and save the world, with a litlte help from their friends. I loved it. Admitedly they did not close it the way I anticipated, with He-Man passing the proverbial torch to Teela, but the ending was still a nice twist that again, seems to side-line He-Man, suggesting a second season will continue the female led arc.

@rei is pretty much correct - the darkside of 4chan is likely foaming at the mouth that another childhood hero has been emascualted for the sake of gender-flipping political correctness. Sucks to be them, I guess.

FYI this was just the first five of ten total episodes in the first season. Not sure when the next five will come, but they’re in the can and ready.

Oh good, I thought it was a bit short. It’s not likle they wasted screen time on padding, either.

Watched the first episode this morning. Holy shit.

Yes please bring back M.A.S.K. as “Men with All Sexual Kinks” or some such.

https://youtu.be/1K7WYAC4H8g

Fuck yeah, love that song and all the other songs that one guy did.

It’s a great theme song. Up there with Jaycee and Wheeled Warriors and Thunder Cats.