Bye bye Visceral Games

Hah, I’d be onboard with that.

EA is dumpster fire.

That is great news, at least.

Oh yes, yes please.

Something else somewhat related. @Gary_Whitta sat down to talk about his thoughts on EA’s handling of Star Wars recently.

Earlier in the week, news broke that yet another Star Wars game has bit the dust and the reaction to EA's cancellation immediately stirred up community ire among gamers. While EA issued a weirdly evasive statement to the recent reports, Rogue One writer Gary Whitta didn't mince words when he ripped the publisher a new one.

When asked about his thoughts on the matter, Whitta responded “It has been catastrophically mismanaged. If I were Disney, I’d be fucking furious. I saw a bunch of that game, and it looked terrific. It would have been Star Wars Uncharted .”

The article is basically reporting on this video.

Well, “it looks good in small parts” describes lots of games that still have year(s) in development to go.

The primary point is still true, though. EA has absolutely pissed away that license. Star Wars is one of the few franchises were you can basically just clone a bunch of existing games with Star Wars skins over top and sell 10 million copies each, and EA can’t even do that right.

EA’s decisions regarding this studio and this game sound truly baffling.

Man that article was infuriating to read. I did lead me to the interviewee’s upcoming game, which looks GREAT.

That does look great. And I’ve never heard of a game trying to blend city management and exploration before. That’s crazy talk! But in this case, they’re cities in the sky that are going exploring, so it makes sense, kind of.

I stole this from that article’s comment section, and while I’m sure it must be old, it’s fun!

My Star Wars name is:
Lahma Bubre

My Star Wars name is:
Chule Ngsin

Pleased to meet you. (Don’t ask me how to pronounce my name.)

That Star Wars name generator is a trap! It lets hackers reverse engineer your Star Wars name to figure out your email password!

-Chiom Leirv

It looks like someone made a game out of the Game of Thrones intro. Would it kill Epic to post more about games than a small marketing line and some screenshots?

While Chiom may sound better, don’t think you fooled me Chito!

Milca Evhin

Oops. Yeah, it would be Chito, wouldn’t it? Ugh. Welp, now my Star Wars name is officially dumb.

Thanks, Obama!

-Chito Leirv

You totally dropped your entire bowl of Cheetos, man.

Meet Diani Chhoo, spaceship washer.

Dude, please don’t wash your space ships, you’ll ruin the natural patina.

Well crap, apparently I got Ambgr Lyrus, which at first sounded cool until I realized it probably sounds like Hamburger Virus.

Similar to the proper pronunciation for GIF, the g is silent.

Pinra Liham is kinda lame tbh, but at least it’s fairly pronounceable!