Call of Cthulu: Cyanide's adaptation of the roleplaying game

Cyanide strikes again. Kinda knew this was doomed.

Cyanide Software: For When You Wish Your Were Dead

Well, I’m a little bummed. But not super bummed, because I guess there’s always that Sinking City game. Which no doubt will be awesome.

Cyanide:For Gamers Who Miss JoWood

Thanks for taking one for the team @Telefrog

We will always have our Lovecraft thread.

Oh hey it even had a launch trailer!

Look, the latter half may be great. After all the front-loaded jank, the game might blossom into the perfect Cthulhu experience.

I just know I’ll probably never see it.

You failed your sanity check.

-Tom

Can you play a lady Lovecraftian spelunker? We go insane less.

That’s disappointing. Thanks for the warning @Telefrog.

Patrick Klepek kinda likes it. Sort of.

I’m kinda dissapointed this game didn’t come together since I think the basic concept is cool. Ah well. Who knows, on a big enough sale I might check it out.

I wonder how it compares to CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth that came out a thousand years ago.

That game had some issues too. It used a save point only system because it had several trial and error sequences with instant death, although I liked it enough I actually finished it.

Well, Here’s hoping that “Sinking City” does better. I love me some Lovecraft fan fic!

Curiously enough, I’m mostly seeing positive reviews (linked from Blues, at least. Not really hunting for them currently).

RPS was equally down on it, because it devolves into half baked game mechanics after the enjoyable opening:

Like ACG said in the video linked above, this sounds like the kind of game you get during a deep sale.

I prefer Cthulhu games which are good enough to not release on Halloween.

Man this is disappointing.