Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Halo Dooty

That’s the “Induction” singleplayer campaign gameplay from Microsoft’s E3 2014 presser. Hovercraft, drop-pods, powersuits, jump-jets, robot swarms, and LED readouts on every gun. It’s pretty much Halo or Killzone at this point, right? It’s odd how Halo got more like CoD and so forth. Maybe there’s a phenomenon at work here like how all TV stations slowly become the same collection of reality programming and cheap talk shows.

Official site: http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare

Very pretty, but also silly. Like, what the hell was up with the drone swarms? Do they just bonk into you? Can’t two super soldiers open a door? Why did that giant walking tank ignore the enemies?

I did like the smart grenades.

Preview of the Crysis suit and the Halo gunz.

I can’t tell the difference between hip developers and hip church youth pastors any more.

They seem to think they are onto something unique here.

And I lol’d at this bit - “COD must be relate-able, it must be believable.”

So, aside from graphics, have they revealed if this is actually a next-gen title, or is it just the same ol’ COD gameplay but with shiny new engine?

These devs now have gobs and gobs of RAM and computing power they didn’t have before; what are they doing with it?

Kevin Spacey.

Exosuits…they’re a “game changer” according to one of the heads of Sledghammer…I mean you can throw guys farther and toss car doors at people now.

Wake me up when it’s Treyarch’s turn again.

MP was “revealed” today. It’s Call of Duty. You shoot people and fill XP bars.

Also jetpacks:

The frame rate sucks on one video I’ve seen. Ugh. Isn’t this supposed to be 60fps?

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/30/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-preorders-are-still-sluggish/

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare preorders continue to track more than 50 percent behind 2013’s Ghosts, according to Cowen and Company analyst Doug Cruetz. The industry-tracking expert notes that Advanced Warfare is tracking 80 percent behind 2012’s Black Ops II. Call of Duty game regularly generate $1 billion in revenue for Activision, but Ghosts didn’t perform as well as Black Ops II. If Advanced Warfare sells worse than Ghosts, this could signify that the franchise is on a permanent decline.

Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that a poor-performing Call of Duty is still likely going to end the year as one of the industry’s best-selling games. In a note to investors, Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia says that he expects Advanced Warfare to sell 17 million copies — that’s down 15 percent from Ghosts’ 20 million copies sold.

“We believe that the preorders [for Call of Duty] need to accelerate significantly over the next few weeks,” Cruetz wrote. “Or else the evidence for meaningfully weaker performance by Advanced Warfare vs. Ghosts will, in our opinion, become too strong to rationalize.”

1. People really didn’t like Ghosts.
  2. Duty fans still busy with Destiny?

Does that wave sweep across the map? Or just crash there?

Probably true.

Though it should be noted that this is a new studio made up for quite a few people from the team that did the original Dead Space. And they want to emphasize a strong, good single player experience this time. It might actually turn out to be different, better game than the recent Call of Duty games, and yet, still fail in relation to the others because of franchise fatigue.

Sure. I think it’s a combination of things, but series fatigue is probably pretty high up there. Activision knew the gravy train was going to end eventually. I think that’s why they were pushing Destiny so hard.

“We believe that the preorders [for Call of Duty] need to accelerate significantly over the next few weeks,” Cruetz wrote. “Or else the evidence for meaningfully weaker performance by Advanced Warfare vs. Ghosts will, in our opinion, become too strong to rationalize.”

What is this shit? It might not sell a lot?

They predict it may sell less if preorders don’t increase. Keep in mind it’s analyst blathering, so a lot of it won’t apply in any meaningful way unless you’re an investor.

For example, Call of Duty XXVI selling a couple million less units than Call of Duty XXV is still a jillion sales and the juggernaut of the holiday season.

I’m not asking what it means, I’m wondering what kind of stumbling illiterate wittered it out.

If it were to be believable then they should make Call to Duty a 9 to 5 job simulator.

“The economy needs YOU!”

From what I remember of the video, the water fills in the low lying area with the tops of those ruins sticking out. You can dive in and swim underwater to try and get the jump on people etc etc.