Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 doesn't get Roman numerals

I found one of those once. I haven’t figured out how to use items yet though.

I played about 10 more rounds today, trying to get my first kill.

Unfortunately, no luck. The best I did was when I got the drop on some people coming in from a blue zone, but they were really far away. There’s no way to know what weapon you have, but the thing I found looked kind of sniper rifle-ish, so I used it at a long distance. But nope, it was super-inaccurate at long distances. And I didn’t have much ammo for it. So I hurt a few people, but didn’t kill them. Guy got into the house and found me and killed me before I realized he was there.

If only I’d picked up better weapons!

Using the darts is pretty easy - you just use the right bumper / r1 / grenade button. On consoles at least the quick inventory selection you can do with the dpad lets you quickly switch which throwable you want to throw.

I guess I’ll share my thoughts here too:

Interesting. I hope the final game has a tutorial to teach the player things like this. So you hit people with the dart gun first, tag them, and then switch to a regular gun to start shooting them?

The dart gun is shot, say, on the wall of a building’s exterior, and it creates a small circle on the mini-map which indicates the presence of any hostiles as blinking red dots. So, it can show multiple hostiles, and their rough location. Often, it is enough to tell you that, yes, someone is lurking inside the building.

Oh wow. I wonder how people found out about this? I guess in the early days of the beta, people just tried using all the equipment they found to try to find out what it did, trial and error style? Or did the beta come with some kind of documentation?

to each their own, but I found all of this pretty intuitive. Also most things can be hovered over in inventory for a description. Then google can always fill in the gaps though didn’t really seem needed here. (not trying to be snarky, realize it might read that way. I just truly didn’t see any issues with understanding things. I disagree with some of the choices they made with inventory management though)

I just messed around in my first few games to experiment with things.

Also, unlike PUBG, in the beginning of the game when it’s “staging” things you can run across the entire map and pick up / use stuff just as you can during the real part of the game. So open the inventory using the Menu button and hover over items in your inventory to read a description.

I haven’t played any CoD games in years but found the inventory and items to be decently intuitive.

How do you hover over inventory items on the PS4? What you described sounded like someone playing the PC maybe, using a mouse?

Both PS4 and Xbox One use a cursor that you move around with the left control stick. When you hover over items in your inventory it pops up a description of the item.

Interesting. The only inventory I found was the quick inventory (d-pad), and it didn’t do that for me in the quick inventory.

What was the button for the real inventory?

I think most of the items in the game are also carbon copies of other items/weapons from the modern Call of Duty games. I haven’t played any, but the streamers get excited shouting random description words like PALADIN and SWORDFISH! So, CoD fans likely already get a head start in that regard. If you aren’t already, you should use the various “perks” which are the green square boxes you can pick up and and read the description. I believe they act as 5 minute “buffs” for things like:

1. LOOTER - Reveals nearby weapon caches.
  2. PARANOIA - Get an alert if you appear in an enemies sight.
  3. CONSUMER - Heal even faster

The Start button

I guess the networking code can use some tuning before launch:

First three issues of the COD BLOPS 4 comics are free to download. As PDFs but you can’t have everything.

https://www.callofduty.com/blackops4/comics#

Release is officially tomorrow, but many people are playing today on Twitch for those interested.

112GB download size - compresses down to about 60GB. If you install with the disc, still about a 50GB download.

I’m leaning toward getting it on PS4. Black Ops III was my most played CoD and this seems to be even better.

I preordered from Best Buy. I’ll get a $10 rewards certificate toward another game and my Gamer’s Club Unlocked knocked it down to $50 including tax. Couldn’t resist with that savings toward this and another game. Planning to play it tonight!

I played maybe a hour last night before I had to hit the bed. I really only have two major complaints. I wish I could disable the head bob or at least make it less. Lowing the FOV a bit helps, but dear god it’s annoying. I swear it’s worse than in the beta, but could be wrong about that. And I wish I could change run to be hold instead of toggle. Maybe there’s a setting for that, but I couldn’t find it. I hate toggle buttons for things like running. Had a sweet sweet kill with the rocket launcher with some guy riding an atv. Seems almost unfair. Lock on and boom. :)