Call of Duty: Blacksmith?

Idris!

not again

Yes, again!

Activision just posted a video on the official Call of Duty YouTube page about private military companies. This aligns with earlier rumors that 2015 CoD would be about PMCs instead of a regular military group.

So… they are using exoskeletons in that pic.

It’s the FUCHAR man! POWASUITS and SMRTGUNZ!

Pewpewpewpewpew!

Is that Idris Elba truly?! swoon He can cancel my apocalypse any day.

Not confirmed yet. It does look like him though, and he was the voice of a character in Modern Warfare 3.

Teaser site open: Call of Duty® | Best-Selling Video Game Franchise

I have to admit, the idea of a COD game set in medieval times where you play as a member of a guild of blacksmiths sounds pretty cool. They would have to come up with some good melee first person controls though.

Of course, I’m just going by the name. Maybe that’s not what this game is at all.

In the last 20 years, global combat has seen a steady shift towards the use of private military corporations, or PMCs. What happens when the highest bidder becomes the world’s next superpower?

A new era arrives for Call of Duty. See the world reveal on 5.4.14.

1. Lots of yelling.
  2. A betrayal.
  3. Explosions.
  4. Pilot a remote/robot/drone/gunship in a shooting gallery
  5. Something something freedom!
  6. Map packs.

Also, some co-marketing with VICE.

Stay tuned for the full VICE investigation of PMCs.

Starring Kevin Spacey?

Yup, Call of Duty: Kevin Spacey, or, more accurately, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Is he Francis Underwood in this? :D

They are definitely trying to tap into the same vibe as his House of Cards character.

I think the name (CoD: Advanced Warfare) indicates that Activision hopes that this game does for CoD what Modern Warfare did way back. I don’t think it will. Sure, it looks way better than Ghosts, but it doesn’t really blow you away because other games that already available (e.g. Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall) don’t look shabby either. In fact, the facial animation looks rather bad and doesn’t do Spacey any favor. Next-gen FTW, eh? (And I really dig Spacey, but it seems like an uninspired choice due to his House of Cards gig.) The game itself - some of it might make for interesting gameplay, such as mobile cover - but overall it’s likely to be the usual KABOOMSPLOSION thing CoD always is. The setting itself also has Black Ops 2 vibes to it, so it’s not like you go “OMG never seen this before in CoD” the way one did when Modern Warfare was announced. Didn’t Black Ops 2 also have tank mechs?

Don’t forget #7.

My summary of the trailer: Kevin Spacey, exoskeletons, Kevin Spacey, Kevin Spacey, scifi gadgets, Kevin Spacey

So it’s not Call of Duty: Blacksmith after all. :(

Someone needs to start a new thread. We’ll reserve this one for when we DO finally get a medieval themed CoD game.

Game informer will have lots of details Sunday apparently:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/02/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-reveals-kevin-spacey-exo-armor.aspx

Was anybody actually excited about that reveal trailer?

Hoverbikes, Frank Underwood, drones, robo-tanks, lasers, power suits, and Idris Elba?

They may as well just add the Titans.