Call of Duty: Blacksmith?

Spacey’s dead eyes are just creepy throughout this entire thing. Total Uncanny Valley territory. Plenty of games have managed to do eyes that weren’t as dead. So weird.

Is this one Treyarch’s turn? It seems that they make the CoD’s that are the most ‘fun’ at least resonate closest for me, while Infinity Ward ends up just lacking.

Yeah, Treyarch’s definitely the top CoD developer at the moment, especially when it comes to pc versions. Unfortunately this year it’s Sledgehammer’s turn.

Sledgehammer Games.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.

Power Changes Everything.

An Advanced World:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.

In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.

And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC - Atlas Corporation - is at the center of it all.

An Advanced Soldier:
Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.

The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.

With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

An Advanced Arsenal:
Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.

Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.

And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.

Bolding mine.

I suppose it means they will have wall jumping / high jump and other mechanics. Just like Titanfall.

Metal Gear Titanless Fall

I dunno CoD. I just don’t know. I loved CoD1, 2, and 4 because of the great stories involved. The title said it all: “Call of Duty”. For WW2 it was about the citizens that answered the call and fought for their country. With CoD4 the clear-cut nature of conflict was appropriately murky.

CoD4 made me feel like a hero. I had my Blackhawk down moment, my moments of loss, and a final fight that wasn’t just me walking into a room full of ammo and health packs and a giant red health bar across the top of my screen. I still replay it about once a year.

I have been trying to find the “call” and “duty” in the past many games and I just don’t see it in this latest one. When I play these games I want to feel like I am helping and fighting for what is right. I just don’t see it.

Derek

Seems more Crysis than Titanfall to me.

Xbox gets the DLC for CoD: Advanced Warfare for a month before other platforms.

Not surprised. Activision/CoD has been hand-in-hand with MS on their co-marketing deals for a few installments.

Can’t imagine the shock of the COD fans when he gets into a three-way with another dude and his wife.

There is an exploding thread on GAF after various people/sites have pixel counted the reveal trailer (running on xbone) and surmised it is running at sub 1080p (882p by their estimates). “Better than Ghosts!”, cry some. “Still not good enough!”, scream others.

Are you fucking serious? It’s a reveal trailer unveiled 7 months before release! How about you give the devs time to get close to actually finishing the game before you start deciding how its going to run on the various platforms. Console Wars gone mad.

The whole “counting the pixels on a youtube trailer” is pretty pathetic.

GAF loves their console warz and pixel counting.

One should point out it’s based on this Eurogamer article Resolution boosted for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox One | Eurogamer.net

I’m so confused, I thought these trailers were timed with new Eminem singles.