Call of Duty: Warzone 2 - War never changes, but levels do

Edit: This thread is for the free to play components, for the paid campaign and any paid multiplayer (I don’t know if the latter applies, so don’t jump down my throat now!) use this thread:

Lastly, we also wanted to give a peek into what is on the horizon in 2022 for Call of Duty. The team is excited to confirm some additional news below.

Stay frosty, friends.

- This year’s Call of Duty is a sequel to Modern Warfare® 2019​.

- The new game and a new Warzone experience are designed together from the ground-up​.

- Expect a massive evolution of Battle Royale with all-new playspace and a new sandbox mode​.

- A new engine powers both the new Call of Duty game release and Warzone.

- Development on both the new Call of Duty and the Warzone experience is being led by Infinity Ward.

Either that’s a shitty graph or you have to buy the Vault edition to get the Series S/X version of the game.

Damn! We’re closer to the launch of the new COD than launch of the previous COD. How did that happen?

That’s definitely Call of Duty campaign gameplay. Not bad. Not as exciting as the footage that kicked off Black Ops, which turned out to be a hell of a good solo playthrough. As lethal as the player is in that footage, the bad guys are much less so. Gameplay and all that, but it’s a fine line for CoD to walk between realism (which graphically they’ve got) and entertainment.

Either way, the multiplayer stuff is where it’s at. I loved MW2019 so I’m all in. Hopefully the next Warzone map brings back the excitement of Verdansk. Caldera has its moments, but it’s not as good.

This.

is MW2 really that bad on PC, crashing wise? I’m playing Warzone 2 which is very stable but wouldn’t mind buying the full MP for some fast paced action (used to be pretty good at CoD), but the reviews on Steam are absolutely abysmal.

@stusser You want to do your magic on this?

This is a thread for Warzone 2, a free to play game. The other thread is for Modern Warfare 2. I think there’s good differentiation there.

Both threads started by Telefrog, who is also a mod! :-P

IMO they do deserve separate threads yeah. Warzone is huge.

62 GB on Xbox Series X. Even bigger on Xbox One. It is huge! :)

I think I’ll try Persona 5 Royal one more time. If I can’t get into it, I’ll uninstall it and install Warzone 2.

Maybe fix up the tile then? Make this Warzone 2.0 and DMZ? Those are the free to play components. He’s asking about Modern Warfare II, which by your definition means the other thread.

Oh sure. Changed the subject and put a link in the OP.

No posts since early October so I don’t know how many hardcore warzoners are posting here anyway.

Warzone seems very stable. DMZ? Not so much. Basic MW2 single and multiplayer seems rock solid.

I’m a hardcore Warzoner which is why I posted in the other thread. That seemed to be where everyone playing was posting.

DMZ is fun but man this game really brings out the toxic gamers. Getting killed by a team and them talking smack. Really pathetic…game itself is fun so far . Going to check some vids out to get a better idea on what to do.

I have experienced a bit of that but nothing out of the ordinary. I’ve been playing online shooters since the dial-up era and, really, there is a certain omnipresent, endemic level of smack talking that has always been there, is always there, and will always be there, for ever and ever amen. Goes with the territory.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised though with the relatively modest level of ass hattery so far in MW2/Warzone 2.0 and its various permutations.

Yes, but compared to other online shooters, CoD games take the cake - by far. I try to mute every session I join, which is a shame because there are some people out there who want to communicate. I’ve also been playing a long time as well, modem days here too, so I’ve heard and seen my share of toxicity. CoD is on a whole new level though. People playing music, burping, swearing, acting like they are thugs, etc. Muting it all apparently is my sanity. ;)