Call of Duty: Warzone 2 - War never changes, but levels do

What is DMZ? Is that part of Warzone 2 as well? A different mode than the Battle Royale mode?

I just laugh at them or make jokes. They often don’t even realize you can hear them with some of that stuff, or other people immediately jump in to say something about their clowning too.

Sometimes you just mute that one guy and then mention you had to mute that dude and everyone’s fired up and chatting and having fun at their expense!

DMZ is a separate mode. Large map, PvPvE where you can select missions and eventually try to extract with what you have. Similar to games like Hunt Showdown and The Cycle.

Yeah I hear you, I ignore it for the most part but just pointing out the vast difference compared to other FPS games.

Yeah, the military theme will always attract a wider variety of clowning. I’ve had my fair share of oddballs in Apex and Fortnite too… and of course foul mouthed kids.

I’m not familiar with Hunt Showdown or The Cycle, but large map PvPvE with missions and extractions actually sounds really cool. Damn it. I’m running out of excuses not to try this.

Eh, I haven’t seen it being worse than other games myself, but I don’t play as much online as I used to, so there’s that. The open mic stuff is really annoying though, I agree. And yeah, sometimes people don’t realize it’s an open mic, sometimes they just don’t care.

I appreciate how easy it is to mute just that one person. Death chat is still really amusing to me. :)

As I am usually the one who is dead, the death chat I hear (and I don’t hear much) is usually directed at me…

Soooo I lost all my contraband and am now spawning in naked. I can fisticuffs a dude to get a weapon and it doesn’t go well after that. Not teaming up because who wants a dude with no weapons on their team? Ideas? Anyone wanna team up and help? I’m Kadath on PSN…

Hooray successful solo exfil

I usually spawn in with no gun, a stun grenade and the throwing knife. Find a guy kind of alone and use the knife for a silent takedown to get his gun. Don’t forget to walk over the body to recover the knife. You can also sneak up behind them and do a takedown move by holding the melee button Just make sure it’s not an animation that fires a gun. It didn’t go well the first time that happened to me.

You can usually find a gun in an armory. Check the map for the icon. Try to sneak around the edges of populated areas till you get gear. After awhile you can get a feel for what buildings usually have chests. You can also find guns on the train but it’s risky with other players about and the ai seems to shoot through the train walls. There’s a weapon locker in the semi sunken boat on the SW coast by two oil wells.Sometimes you’ll spawn close to it. The airport terminal has lots of chests but also ai.

Scavenge for keys and you can use them to unlock rooms with above average weapons. Also some buildings have safes with good guns but you have to fight off ai while the drill opens it.

Isn’t there an insured slot or something where you don’t lose that weapon?

You have to wait 2 hours after you die to use it again. You can spend the cash you manage to exfil to cut the time down but it takes quite a bit.

The insured slot is less about “not losing” a gun, and more about letting you take in any gun you want, exactly configured as you like it.

Also, while I have yet to have this happen to me, a busy said that even if you lose all your contraband guns, it’ll still let you go into the DMZ with a random gun.

Generally, I go into the DMZ with either a silenced marksman rifle, or just some garbage gun, and then salvage weapons off of dead dudes. The idea of going in with a throwing knife is a good idea.

Where did the dead dudes get their guns from? They also started with random garbage guns, right?

When I say dead dudes I mean dead AI dudes.

Ah right. That makes sense.

having proxy chat on is pretty good in dmz, especially when I am solo. I can figure out what squads are up to and where they are.

Had my first 1v3 in DMZ and it was pretty interesting to me. 1v3 DMZ